Problem with Export to CSV from web map app.

04-18-2018 03:57 PM
ValerieJohnson
New Contributor II

I have two web map apps that let a user select features on the map, view the selected features in the attribute table, and export the selected features to a CSV file.  These apps were created in the Web App Builder and have been working fine for over a year without any problems.

Today (April 18, 2018) a user reported that they no longer are being prompted to save the CSV file.  They view the attribute table, can see all the info they want to export, click the Options dropdown, choose "Export to CSV", the window saying "Export to CSV" appears, but that's where it stops.  A prompt to save the file doesn't appear.  And it's not hiding behind any open windows.

Tried the web apps on multiple computers, in Chrome and IE.  Also had an external user try it and they had the same problem.  The app uses ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 map services.  Software hasn't been updated.  The data hasn't been changed recently (not edited, not updated, service hasn't been republished).  Data draws fine in the web map and info shows up in the attribute table.  It's just the Saving to a CSV file part that never happens.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

19 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Valerie,

Are the WAB Apps hosted on AGOL (meaning they are using the AGOL version of WAB) or are they apps that you created using WAB Developer?

0 Kudos
MichaelRock1
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

I am having the same issue, and for me the apps are hosted on AGOL.  We suspect it might have something to do with some recent security changes by our organization regarding browser settings.  Maybe.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

That is very possible. The downloading of a file from a link is something that can be block by security settings.

0 Kudos
ValerieJohnson
New Contributor II

Michael - It's not your security settings. Esri has verified it's a Bug.  See work-around I posted below.

0 Kudos
ValerieJohnson
New Contributor II

Esri has verified (April 30, 2018) that this is a bug (BUG-000113626) for the Query Widget in the AGOL-hosted Web App Builder.  The problem started probably in late March or early April.

Until the bug is fixed, there is a work-around so users will be able to download the selected records to a CSV file.   (Users can still click on View in Attribute Table and see the selected records, they just won't be able to export from there until the bug is fixed.)

HERE'S WHAT THE PERSON CREATING THE APP USING AGOL'S WEB APP BUILDER NEEDS TO DO:

1.  In AGOL, edit the application.

2.  Edit the settings for the Query Widget.  On the "Options" tab, put a checkmark by "Allow to export results" and click the OK button.

3.  Save the changes to the app.

4.  This will now make four new choices appear to the user when they click the three dots (ellipsis) on the Results pane after they have selected features on the map.  The four choices are:

--Export to CSV file

--Export to feature collection

--Export to GeoJSON

--Save to My Content

5.  Tell users to click on Export to CSV file and save the file to their computer.

WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

I also have this issue using WAB 2.9 and the latest Enhanced Search Widget.  You can export a layer's attributes in the attribute table only if you aren't using a custom selection.  Once you use a custom selection though the Enhanced Search, you must use the ellipsis.  I think this may be a problem with the custom widget?  It worked with earlier WAB version and earlier Enhanced Search version.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Walid,

What do you mean by custom selection? The eSearch widget allows for exporting the search results for the eSearch menu (...) like you said. Has been that way for a while...

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

We have it set to open the attribute table when you do a custom selection (by shape for instance) in the enhanced search widget.  The issue that we have is when the attribute table opens, and you click options > Export all to CSV > you are prompted about the export, and when you press OK, nothing happens...

Works fine using the ellipses though.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Walid,

OK, so that is the WAB bug that is referenced above and is not a bug to do with my widget then.

0 Kudos