Print Widget - Error: Unable to connect to map server ...

Jump to solution
12-06-2016 08:50 AM
Alexwang
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, I got the following error message when I was trying to use WAB built-in Print Widget with ESRI printing service (Task: Export Web Map Task ). when I hover the error, it told me the "Error executing tool ....... Unable to connect to map server https://..../mymap/myservice/MapServer. ...Failed to execute Web Map Export task"

The map service can be accessed via rest-end point and the web map is shared at org level and can be seen from the application. Are there any other things I need to config to make it work? Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
11 Replies
JonathanMori1
New Contributor III

Tanu Hoque

Tanu,

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Embed credentials for print services published from ArcMap

I tried this one because we are using layers that are from a server we cannot federate with the portal, and one server that is federated with the portal. (this is only a temporary situation from a company merger)

I got a new error.

A connection with the server could not be established (WinINet Error while using HTTPS security, 12029)

• Use a domain account as the ArcGIS Server Account (aka SOC user) and give that domain user access to all services

I haven’t tried that one, I wasn’t sure how to go about doing this?

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

I tried this one because we are using layers that are from a server we cannot federate with the portal, and one server that is federated with the portal. (this is only a temporary situation from a company merger)

I got a new error.

A connection with the server could not be established (WinINet Error while using HTTPS security, 12029)

Here is what I'd recommend you to do:

• log on the server machine, that hosts the print service, as ArcGIS Server Account (aka SOC user).
    don't log on the server as you or any other account. It must be the ArcGIS Server Account
  • open a browser
  • try to access the map/feature service.
  • can you access that service without any problem?
    • does it prompt you to accept any certificate?
      • if it does, you need to fix the certificate issue.
        • print service does not accept any certificate when prompted for its validity
  • if you can't access that, check with your system admin to figure out why?

• Use a domain account as the ArcGIS Server Account (aka SOC user) and give that domain user access to all services

I haven’t tried that one, I wasn’t sure how to go about doing this?

Please check out this following help:

The ArcGIS Server account—ArcGIS Server (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope you will find this helpful.