Print Query Shape in AGOL Web App Builder

Jump to solution
08-11-2015 01:42 PM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I have created a simple application in Web App Builder through AGOL where I have a Query widget to select parcels and a print widget using a custom print service.  After I perform a query the parcel is highlighted, but the highlight around the parcel goes away when I select the print widget.  My intent is to create a print page showing the selected parcel, but it keeps getting unhighlighted.

Can the selected parcel be shown in the print widget of the AGOL Web App Builder?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

The easiest way is to add the print widget to the HeaderController Widget. That way you can have them both open at the same time or you can be sure to check the "Add result as operational layer" option before you apply the query.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

The easiest way is to add the print widget to the HeaderController Widget. That way you can have them both open at the same time or you can be sure to check the "Add result as operational layer" option before you apply the query.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If I check "Add result as operational layer" option, is that layer just being created temporarily in AGOL?  I'm a bit concerned that using this option would use up credits as I could be using AGOL storage.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

No it is just adding the Search results as a FeatureLayer Collection in the map instead of a GraphicsLayer and thus persisting the query result in the map until you click the clear link. So no need for concern.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Robert:

If I had a custom application outside of Web App Builder that was performing a query function like in my Web App Builder app, would it be more efficient to use a FeatureLayer Collection than the GraphicsLayer to display the results?

How have you set up your E-Search widget in the javascript api environment?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Efficiency wise the FeatureLayer inherits from GraphicsLayer so I don't think efficiency is a real consideration. The difference would be if you needed some method or property that FeatureLayer has the GraphicsLayer does not have. My eSearch widget uses both GraphicsLayer and FeatureLayer depending on the option selected to add to map as operational layer and need to interact with attachments and AttributeTable Widget. I would say stick with GL if it is working for you.