Popup Location Issue

Jump to solution
07-03-2017 10:21 PM
JoyMiles
New Contributor III

I am new to Web AppBuilder and am using the JewelryBox Theme. I want my widget to appear where i click on the map but it always appears in the side panel. Can I force it to appear on the map like the default InfoWindow?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joy,

You can't use a standard widget development workflow to accomplish what you are after then. You would have to develop an off panel widget like the OTB Scalebar widget or coordinate widget. There is no sample/example of a widget that is specifically what you are attempting to do. So you can only use one of the off panel widgets as a starting point.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joy,

So you are saying that you build a custom widget and you want the widget to appear at the user click location instead of inside a panel like normal widgets?

0 Kudos
JoyMiles
New Contributor III

Yes, that is correct. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joy,

You can't use a standard widget development workflow to accomplish what you are after then. You would have to develop an off panel widget like the OTB Scalebar widget or coordinate widget. There is no sample/example of a widget that is specifically what you are attempting to do. So you can only use one of the off panel widgets as a starting point.

JoyMiles
New Contributor III

Thank you for your guidance 

0 Kudos