Performance of Web App Builder App

12-06-2016 10:01 PM
akshayloya
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I've created a web application on top of ArcGIS Portal and Web App Builder. Following is the URL:

URL: Bhopal Smart Map 

My Web Map has around 100 Layers and have configured Pop up for all of them and have kept them off by default. The problem which I'm facing is my application takes lot of time to open. It will be of great help if any of you could debug and find the exact issue for this problem and the required workaround.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Akshay Loya 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
akshayloya

As in I have managed Pop-Ups (Identify) for each layer on web map itself.

So when I use any of those layers which are in my map within my widgets I

don't have to write the identify code for them as I have already managed

them on my map.

Steps:

1) Add layers on map

2) Configure the pop -ups (Which Fields to show, Alias name, etc)

3) Configure widgets in the web app with the layers present in map itself.

Configuring Pop-Ups in web map saves lot of time as we don't have to write

separate code for it.

Regards,

Akshay Loya

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Robert Scheitlin, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Akshay,

OK, configure popups for layers in the webmap is the proper terminology. So the other way beside configuring the popups for all the layers in the webmap is to use the custom Identify widget then. The Identify widget uses the IdentifyTask instead of a querytask on each indiviual layer in the map. But still the best route would be to make a focused web app that does not have 100s of layers.

akshayloya

Yes I understand that, but there also either we've to add layer on web map, configure pop-up or write down pop up config code. I'm struggling to understand the the use of web app builder in that case. 

0 Kudos
akshayloya

I have found a workaround Robert. Thanks for your valuable feedback. 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Akshay,

It would be kind if you can share your workaround as this would help others who might be experiencing same.

Regards

Baba

akshayloya

Sure. So what I did is I've defined alias name for all the fields in arcmap and configured the pop-up there itself. Then in my tools I've removed all the dependency from the portal. It is not checking for layers on map, instead I've added layers externally and wrote a small code for PopUp there itself. 

0 Kudos
TheoFaull

Agreed. It's great to share!

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Why not create Web Layers from the services, configure the popups and other properties on them (appropriate tags and make them easily identifiable) and then just implement the Add Data widget?  I would pursue putting all of the web layers into a specific group in your Org's AGOL that is tagged just for this application and perhaps customize the AddData widget to only point to that group.

Let user's decide which data to pull into the app but limit the choices to what's in the group.

(wish I had more time to explore these kinds of customizations for myself).

deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49

Hi Theo,

I feel it had be better to start a new thread on you question, however, you can do this by editing the configs\loading\loading.css as seen in the image below:

Baba

BarnabyRockwell

My general impression is that Flex viewer loads faster than WAB given same layers.  But Flex does not have anywhere near the capabilities of WAB, especially with Attribute Table widget.