Pass Search Parameter in URL

11-19-2014 12:21 PM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I have downloaded and placed an app built with the web app builder beta 3 on our web server.  The app works fine, but I have been asked if it's possible to pass a search parameter in the URL...something like http://gis.linncounty.org.../?gpn=1234567890  ...  where the app would zoom to the parcel with an id of 1234567890.

I don't know much of anything about JavaScript so I was wondering if this is possible, and if so, what it would take to implement?

Thanks!

26 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

This will be part of the next beta release of my Enhanced Search Widget for WAB. It is possible but quite involved.

0 Kudos
mpboyle

Robert,

A couple questions:

1) Is your Enhanced Search Widget for WAB available for download or implementation into WAB?

2) Is it possible to call an existing widget within the URL, like the Filter/Query widget and pass the search?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

1. Sure find it here Enhanced Search Widget Beta 3
  2. No it is custom code in my widget (to be released soon).
mpboyle

Do you add the widget after download or add the widget through the Web AppBuilder developer mode...configure and then download?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

To be able to configure the widget to work with your data you are going to need the UI in WAB. So get the widget and copy it into the WAB\client\stemapp\widgets folder and then launch WAB developer edition and add the eSearch widget to an app.

0 Kudos
mpboyle

Thank you sir!  I will check it out.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

hi Robert

I was reading this thread and realized I have been loading your widget incorrectly.

I have been placing the code in the server\apps\5\widgets folder and manually adding a location for the icon in the server\apps\5\ config.json file.

could you please detail the correct process.

also

I see in the \client\stemapp\sample-configs and \test-configs  many optional files. have you experimented with any of these? and/or know of any documentation regarding what they do?

and

there are a few widgets in the \client\stemapp\widgets\samplewidgets folder. again, have you any experience with these or know how to enable them so they can be explored?

thanks again for all your hard work to build a truly useful query tool.

Glenn Hazelton

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

Sure that is covered in the docs that you got when you downloaded the developer version.

Make sure that you setup a virtual directory in your web server to the docs folder and then you can browse the docs like this:

http://gislap183/docs/#/Deploy_custom_widgets_and_themes/03w30000004w000000/

Sure to use any of the test-configs all you need to do is setup an application to your WAB developer edition file location (at least this is the way I did it).

In IIS I add an Application and set the path to "C:\webappbuilder3\" then I can use a url like:

http://gislap183/WABTestApp/client/stemapp/index.html?config=config-dev.json

When I want to use one of the other configs I just change the ?config= to something like ?config=test-configs/config-dockablepanel-bottom-1.json

Those sample widget are a part of some of those sample configs.

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler

Hi Robert,

I am having an issue where the search url does not immediately zoom to the result(s) like your demo (ArcGIS Web Application).  I am using the export url to zoom specifically to a grave site.  The url works opening the application and then nothing.  It does not display that a site was passed into it, until I click the widget.  I have a attached my settings.  Did I miss something?  Does it not like custom map titles/projections?

Settings for ESearch for URL export

0 Kudos