Select to view content in your preferred language

Open widget at startup

Jump to solution
09-23-2014 05:39 AM
KlasÖstergren
Deactivated User

Is far as I know (I am not a developer), it is not possible to send extent x,y in a url parameter. Is there any way to have the bookmark widget open on application startup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Klas,

For the x,y in the url this is NOT built into the WAB Stem App. But here is a link to where I detail what has to be changed to make this work:

https://community.esri.com/message/399090#399090

As far as making the bookmark widget open at startup that is as simple as editing the config.json to include

"openAtStart": true

so the widget element look like this:

{

"position": {

"left": 55,

"top": 45,

"width": 400,

"height": 410

},

"placeholderIndex": 1,

"id": "_5",

"positionRelativeTo": "map",

"name": "Bookmark",

"label": "Bookmark_2",

"isThemeWidget": false,

"uri": "widgets/Bookmark/Widget",

},

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Klas,

For the x,y in the url this is NOT built into the WAB Stem App. But here is a link to where I detail what has to be changed to make this work:

https://community.esri.com/message/399090#399090

As far as making the bookmark widget open at startup that is as simple as editing the config.json to include

so the widget element look like this:

{

"position": {

"left": 55,

"top": 45,

"width": 400,

"height": 410

},

"placeholderIndex": 1,

"id": "_5",

"positionRelativeTo": "map",

"name": "Bookmark",

"label": "Bookmark_2",

"isThemeWidget": false,

"uri": "widgets/Bookmark/Widget",

},

LarryStout
Deactivated User

For widgets in the Widget Pool, there is a bug with the openAtStart behavior.  I logged it as WebApp-001095 and a few hours ago someone else logged it as WebApp-001126.  You can see them here.

0 Kudos
TaraEvoy
Occasional Contributor

Was this bug ever resolved? The page in the link you provided is unavailable. If you could let me know that would be great, thank you!

0 Kudos
LarryStout
Deactivated User

Neither bug report has been resolved.  I worked around it by putting the widget pool widget I wanted to open at startup as the first widget in the widget pool.  Later, I stopped using the openAtStart config parameter in favor of a widget I wrote that is an onScreen widget and can open as may widgets at startup as I want.

0 Kudos
TaraEvoy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Larry! Good to know its not just me. Although I cannot get open at startup param to work for me no matter where the app it resides in the widget pool for any widget (even a basic built in widget like the basemaps). Did you do anything else additionally to finally get it to work?

0 Kudos
LarryStout
Deactivated User

No, as far as I know, Robert's answer still works.

0 Kudos
GregoryMeyer1
Deactivated User

How about using "openAtStart": true  for widgets in the side control panel?  I can only get this to work for off-panel widgets.

I would like the Layer List widget in my sidebar to be open when app starts-- to create the typical map and toc look. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus