No hosted server configured for add data widget ?

10-11-2017 08:42 PM
akshayloya
Occasional Contributor II

I've a customized web app builder application on top of Portal for ArcGIS. I have added Add data widget. I get this error when I try to add CSV or shapefile locally. Kindly help to resolve the issue. 

Error Details: Generate Features error: Enable to determine hosted servers instance UR (No hosted server configured?).

PFA for the picture.Derek Lawhttps://community.esri.com/message/447151-roberts-custom-wab-widgets?sr=search&searchId=2ee18e5e-265...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I get this error when I try to add CSV or shapefile locally.

Did you enable Allow File option, and then clicking the File tab to upload the files locally? Shapefiles in ZIP format as well as CSV, GPX and GeoJSON files are supported.

Add Data widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Think Location
0 Kudos
akshayloya

Yes I have done that.

0 Kudos
akshayloya

It is not working for shapefile and csv also. Im using version 2.5 web app builder

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Akshay,

The information you've provided is a bit vague.

Q1) What release of Portal for ArcGIS? What authentication has been configured for it?

Q2) I have not seen this type of error before with the Add Data widget, but do you have a hosting server configured with your Portal (based on the error message you posted)?

Q3) Have you tried with the latest Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS v2.6 Developer Edition?

It might worthwhile to contact Esri Tech Support so they can help investigate your issue in more detail.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
akshayloya

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using 10.5 version of Portal for ArcGIS. I have hosting server configured now. I'm getting the below issue after configuring it.

I'm using the latest version of web app builder 2.6

Generate Features error: Exception hostname in certificate didn't match: !=

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Akshay,

As a starting point to troubleshoot, I would verify that you've configured and applied your security certificate correctly for Portal for ArcGIS.

Import a certificate into the portal—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos