Near Me widget settings change when deploying App on web server

10-21-2016 03:20 PM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Have built a Web App in AGOL with the new 'My Government Services' app that uses the Near Me widget.  All works well in AGOL, 

However when I down;oad the code, deploy it as an application on our web server, some of the settings for the Near Me widget seem to revert to default - specifically the 'Return Intersecting Polygons' option, which we need to have checked/set to true.

All of our other custom settings seem to carry over correctly other than this one.  There's a config.json file for the Near Me widget, but changes made here seem to have no impact on the application.  

The main Widget code is a JScript file and difficult to work with, but even scanning through that I can't find out where to change this, or why it's not respecting this particular setting I made in WAB before deploying.

Thanks - 

Allen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Allen,

The config.json in the widgets folder is just the defaults for that widget and once the widget is added to an app and configured then this file is copied to the apps configs folder and changes are made there. So look in the app/configs/NearMe/ config_Near Me.json

AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Robert - 

That makes sense, but unfortunately the app/configs directory only shows a single folder, called 'loading'.  

There's a main config.json file in the primary app directory, and this one looks to contain all of the custom configuration I set in WAB, including the widget property that's giving trouble, but it is set to 'true', as it should be.  

It's actually working correctly for me currently, other users are reporting incorrect behavior.  Sadly I'm beginning to think this may be a 'clear your cache and try again' problem.  

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Allen,

I agree.

0 Kudos