Move Esri world geodocoder search bar

Jump to solution
02-21-2017 08:58 AM
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

I made some modifications to my application that includes making the log bigger and moving the zoom, home, locate button. Now the esri world geodocoder search bar is not position right. How do i move the esri world geodocoder search bar on my application?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ah,

I see now the whole time I have been talking about the top property and you are trying to adjust the left property which is being overwritten in the Header widgets code. The left for the search widget is set in the resize function of the Launchpad themes header widget Widget.js code.

There are several paths in the code depending on mobile or a standard browser and the amount of screen space available.

So you will have to choose your appropriate code path and adjust the line of code sets the search widgets dom style left property:

searchWidget.domNode.style.left = boxSizes.logoBox.w +
boxSizes.titleBox.w + boxSizes.subTitleBox.w + 15 + paddingLeft + 'px';

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I thought I had answered this one already? You adjust the top property in the main config.json.

0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol

my bad i thought you meant that the question about the esri world geodocoder search bar was not part of my original question.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

So did adjusting the top property for the search widget take care of it for you?

0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol

Adjusting the themes/LaunchpadTheme/widgets/Header/Widget doesn't. The header moves but the esri world geodocoder search bar does not move with it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is why you need to adjust the search widgets top property in the main config.json.

0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol

No matter what i change the position/left in  "widgets/Search/Widget" nothing happens. I can change "left" to 0 or 330 or what ever nothing happens.      

{
        "uri": "widgets/Search/Widget",
        "position": {
          "left": 0,
          "top": 55,
          "width": 300,
          "zIndex": 1,
          "relativeTo": "map"
        },
        "version": "2.3",
        "id": "widgets_Search_Widget_42",
        "name": "Search"
      },

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ah,

I see now the whole time I have been talking about the top property and you are trying to adjust the left property which is being overwritten in the Header widgets code. The left for the search widget is set in the resize function of the Launchpad themes header widget Widget.js code.

There are several paths in the code depending on mobile or a standard browser and the amount of screen space available.

So you will have to choose your appropriate code path and adjust the line of code sets the search widgets dom style left property:

searchWidget.domNode.style.left = boxSizes.logoBox.w +
boxSizes.titleBox.w + boxSizes.subTitleBox.w + 15 + paddingLeft + 'px';

CCWeedcontrol

Got it thanks!

0 Kudos