Minimise custom widgets Foldable Theme

11-18-2019 06:07 AM
wadsonmakari
New Contributor III

I have extended ESRI WAB and built several custom widgets. I have configured some of the widgets in the head controller widget in the top right widget pallette. When I open these widgets there is functionality to minimise or maximise the widget if the user wishes.

The rest of my custom widgets are accessed from the top left. All this widgets do not have the little arrows next to the close icon to allow the user to minimise the widget and manage the screen real estate.

Is there a flag for including or excluding this functionality with custom widgets that do not open in the header controller of the foldable theme? 

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Wadson,

By theme design widget in the Header controller open in a foldable panel that allows for them to be minimized(folded) or maximized(unfolded), where as on screen widgets use the OnScreenWidgetPanel that does not have the folding capability.

0 Kudos
wadsonmakari
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thanks for clarifying this point is it possible to add this functionality. Some of our customers are asking for this ability to help manage screen real estate effectively?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Wadson,

With a bit of coding. The current code only enables the minimize and maximized when you are on a mobile device so it factors for that small screen. If you remove the code check for isRunInMobile then you can get it to minimize and maximize but you have to do a lot of of code refactoring to make it look right.

0 Kudos