map id

Jump to solution
10-22-2015 04:10 PM
DaveOrlando
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to learn JavaScript and I have a silly little question

following this example Access a map—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

I find that the map ID does not come from the config.json, but rather from the init.js

I've changed each one and the one in the init.js wins.

like I said, silly little question, but when trying to learn a new language clarity in the examples and understanding what they do is very important.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

In all my widget development for WAB I have never had the need to use the map.id so this is not something I would worry about. The fact that the init.js has the mapId hard coded in is an unusual situation that you are unlikely to encounter again when developing for WAB. Actually I have never had a need to add or modify anything in the init.js.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Then on the bottom of that page, there is a Feeback on this link access point where you can direct your comments if you feel the documentation is in error.  It is unlikely that the producers of the documentation will come across your comment whereas they tend to act quickly to clarify documents and/or correct errors.  Give it a shot.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

In all my widget development for WAB I have never had the need to use the map.id so this is not something I would worry about. The fact that the init.js has the mapId hard coded in is an unusual situation that you are unlikely to encounter again when developing for WAB. Actually I have never had a need to add or modify anything in the init.js.

DaveOrlando
Occasional Contributor III

okay, thanks for the responses.

I don't think the document is in error, just when I see a property being passed to a UI, I usually try changing the property to verify the source.

I'm sure it will all come together as I work through some more examples.

I will give the 'Feedback' link a try too

0 Kudos