Logo doesn't look good in IE

Jump to solution
01-21-2016 11:47 PM
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

Anyone else that have problems with the logo in Internet Explorer?

In all other browser I've tried my logo displays as expected, but in IE it doesn't.

I've tried different file formats and sizes but it's still the same, and I've tried different devices and browser versions. And the result is always the same, in IE regardless of version the logo doesn't look good at all.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Logo in IE:

Logo in other browsers:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AveKargaja
Occasional Contributor

OK, but what happens when You resize the logo to the actual size that the WAB uses and/or change the logo format?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check if the following changes in the I.E. settings, has any effect on the display.

Enable software rendering

Open Internet Explorer and press the “Alt” key to show the menu bar. Click “Tools,” select “Internet Options,” and then choose the “Advanced” tab. Click the “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” box and then click “OK” to save your changes. Check to see if the issue has been resolved.

Think Location
MattiasEkström

Enabling software rendering did not have any effect on the display.

0 Kudos
AveKargaja
Occasional Contributor

Interesting, as I've never noticed any kind of difference in the logo design using different browsers (though I must say my organizations logo is also a lot simpler than Yours), then I just had to recheck and I must say that it is excactly the same in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, Opera) in my case (WAB 1.3).

Is Your IE zoom size the default 100%? (Ctrl+0)

MattiasEkström

Yes the zoom size is 100%, however using 400% it actually looks good
My logo is detailed and there's to few pixels for it, but all other browser can handle the downsizing fairly good, why can't IE?

AveKargaja
Occasional Contributor

OK, but what happens when You resize the logo to the actual size that the WAB uses and/or change the logo format?

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström

When I resize the original image to the actual size WAB uses (don't now exactly but I used 33 pixels in height), It looks the same in IE as other browser. So it must be IEs way of downsizing a larger image that is causing this. The end result actually looks better in for example Chrome when using a larger image and let the browser handle the downsizing. I mostly use Chrome so that's why I used a larger image from the beginning, tried different version och noticed that a lager image was better.

I guess I just have to decide if I want it OK in all browser or ugly in IE and nice in all other

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try adding a CSS properties inline in I.E.

Not-Terrible Image Resizing in IE | CSS-Tricks

img {
   -ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic;
}

Think Location
MattiasEkström

I guess this would require the developer version of WAB right? I'm currently workning only with the AGOL-version.
Or where is the CSS-code supposed to be added?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor