LocalLayer widget in WAB v2.8

05-11-2018 07:09 AM
GarrettMcBride
New Contributor III

Has anyone had any luck getting LocalLayer widget to work in any version higher than 2.5?  I see the latest version of the locallayer widget is v2.5 and wondering if that version is intended to match the WAB version?  When following the steps on WAB 2.8 I cannot get it to load from the default.  However, loading the widget to an app that was already created in (WAB 2.8) i am able to get the widget to load and also connect to rest services correctly.  The problem is that now the data loads but it hoses all the other widgets and WAB.  I was just wondering if anyone has ran across this or knows of any plans/workaround to use in a later version of Web Appbuilder.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanielMarulanda
New Contributor

It was because CustomLayerEdit.js was named customLayerEdit.js, but still not working. No error console, but keeps loading forever.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel, 

Hmm. strange I did not encounter this. Time to call the lead developer in on this thread. Adam Drackley

0 Kudos
AdamDrackley
Occasional Contributor III

Feel free to send a zipped up copy of the app to my email address, Daniel.  Are you seeing this behaviour in all browser?  Do you use Custom Layers for anything?

0 Kudos
DanielMarulanda
New Contributor

Figure out the problems. Tried on MacOS and it worked. It seems it was something happening with the Windows Linux Subsystem. Executing the Widget using .BAT file fix the problem.

0 Kudos
GarrettMcBride
New Contributor III

It's been awhile since I looked at the widget.  The first time I ran through the install it would show up in the WAB but would freeze the entire page.  "I think" what i did to fix it was silly, but it worked.  I just changed the code from "visible": true to "visibile": false.  Now when I create new webapps it shows up grayed out.  I click the eye icon to make it visible and it works every time now.  No explanation to why that works, but it worked for me and I have used it on at least 10 different applications with different themes using WAB 2.8 with no issues.

0 Kudos
AdamDrackley
Occasional Contributor III

This is how I have it set up too, Garrett.  This way I can toggle it 'on' for the apps I want to use it in, but can leave it 'off' if I just want to load a web map.

In the 2.8 version, you can use LocalLayer to just add additional layers to the existing layers in a web map.  This is handy if you have, say, an RSS feed set up in a web map, but you want to bring some LocalLayer layers in on top of them.  Glad to hear it's working for you!

0 Kudos