LayerList and SecuredServices

09-29-2016 12:01 PM
EvelynHernandez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have 2 questions.

1.- How to cofigure the LayerList with layers from your arcgis rest service? I have tried to workaround from this but i still dont know.  For example, when i tried to add the widget in WAB, the selected layer list is empty.

Also, how the layes that i want to load at the beginning of my WAB APP come from a secured service, i dont want to let the user put the user and password each time a layer is loaded, so here comes my other question.

2.- How to use the Identity Manager window to access (using windows auth) to the whole rest service before the app loads completely. 

I remember in flex there was something like this. This allows u to access the layers by default that u set them up in a config file.

If there is any guide to do this kind of things that we used to have in flex will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advice as always!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Evelyn,

1. You add the map services you want to a web map in your AGOL orgs account or you use a custom widget like the Local Layer widget.

2. To avoid the Identity manager you use a proxy: 

Setting up a proxy with Web AppBuilder Developer Edition | Support Services Blog 

Setting up a Proxy | Support Services Blog 

GitHub - Esri/resource-proxy: Proxy files for DotNet, Java and PHP. 

EvelynHernandez
Occasional Contributor III

Its like i dont want to avoid it, but in flex we just put it one time the user and pass and we load all the default layers we wanted the user see as default.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No that I am aware of.

0 Kudos