Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer List: Expand Layers by Default

Jump to solution
06-18-2015 04:26 PM
AdamAraza1
New Contributor II

I thought I had posted this on here already, but I can't seem to find it....

I'm using the tab theme and I have the layer list opening by default in the side panel. Is there a way to have it open with all the layers already expanded showing the symbology without having to click on each individual layer?

0 Kudos
60 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam Araza

Did the code I provided answer your question? If it did then please help the community by marking this question as answered. All you have to do is click the "Correct Answer" link (the one with the little green star) on the post that provided the answer for you. If the answer was not provided by one of the responders then you can mark any of the replies that you received as helpful by clicking on the "Actions" menu and choosing "Mark as Helpful"

0 Kudos
AdamAraza1
New Contributor II

Yes it was. Thanks!

0 Kudos
alextang
New Contributor

Hello Robert,

I'm trying to do the same thing as asked above but within an ArcGIS Portal app.  I'm trying to find the file and spot to use your code to implement this change.  In particular, I'm currently using the public information app in ArcGIS Portal.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alex,

Sorry I do not have experience with that so I can lend no insight.

0 Kudos
alextang
New Contributor

For the sakes of the web appbuilder, this is the layerlistview.js that I think that I should be editing.  Sorry for the lack of code formatting as I'm just using notepad to edit it.  Where should I insert your code block?

// All material copyright ESRI, All Rights Reserved, unless otherwise specified.
// See http://gis.esquimalt.ca/arcgis/jsapi/jsapi/esri/copyright.txt and http://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappbuilder/copyright.txt for details.
//>>built
require({cache:{"url:widgets/LayerList/LayerListView.html":'\r\n\r\n\x3ctable class\x3d"layer-list-table"\x3e\r\n \x3ctbody class\x3d"layers-list-body" data-dojo-attach-point\x3d"layerListTable"\x3e\x3c/tbody\x3e\r\n \x3ctbody class\x3d"layers-list-body" data-dojo-attach-point\x3d"tableListTable"\x3e\x3c/tbody\x3e \r\n\x3c/table\x3e\r\n'}});
define("dijit/_WidgetBase dojo/_base/declare dojo/_base/lang dojo/_base/array dojo/dom-construct dojo/on dojo/query jimu/dijit/CheckBox ./PopupMenu dijit/_TemplatedMixin dojo/text!./LayerListView.html dojo/dom-attr dojo/dom-class dojo/dom-style ./NlsStrings".split(" "),function(t,u,m,r,e,n,g,v,w,x,y,s,h,k,z){return u([t,x],{templateString:y,_currentSelectedLayerRowNode:null,postMixInProperties:function(){this.inherited(arguments);this.nls=z.value},postCreate:function(){r.forEach(this.operLayerInfos.getLayerInfoArray(),
function(a){this.drawListNode(a,0,this.layerListTable,!0)},this);r.forEach(this.operLayerInfos.getTableInfoArray(),function(a){this.drawListNode(a,0,this.tableListTable,!0)},this)},drawListNode:function(a,b,d){var c;0===a.newSubLayers.length?(c=this.addLayerNode(a,b,d),this.config.showLegend?this.addLegendNode(a,b,c.subNode):k.set(g(".showLegend-image",c.currentNode)[0],"display","none")):(c=this.addLayerNode(a,b,d),r.forEach(a.newSubLayers,m.hitch(this,function(a,b){this.drawListNode(b,a+1,c.subNode)},
b)))},addLayerNode:function(a,b,d){var c=e.create("tr",{"class":"jimu-widget-row layer-row ",layerTrNodeId:a.id},d),f,l,p,g,h,q;f=e.create("td",{"class":"col col1"},c);for(p=0;p<b;p++)e.create("div",{"class":"begin-blank-div jimu-float-leading",innerHTML:""},f);q=e.create("div",{"class":"showLegend-div jimu-float-leading"},f);g=e.create("img",{"class":"showLegend-image",src:isRTL?this.layerListWidget.folderUrl+"images/v_left.png":this.layerListWidget.folderUrl+"images/v_right.png",alt:"l"},q);l=e.create("div",
{"class":"div-select jimu-float-leading"},f);p=new v({checked:a.isVisible(),"class":"visible-checkbox-"+a.id});e.place(p.domNode,l);h=e.create("div",{"class":"noLegend-div jimu-float-leading"},f);e.create("img",{"class":"noLegend-image",src:this.layerListWidget.folderUrl+(a.isTable?"images/table.png":"images/noLegend.png"),alt:"l"},h);if(a.noLegend||a.isTable)k.set(q,"display","none"),k.set(l,"display","none"),k.set(h,"display","block");k.set(f,"width",12*b+35+"px");b=e.create("td",{"class":"col col2"},
c);e.create("div",{innerHTML:a.title,"class":"div-content jimu-float-leading"},b);f=e.create("td",{"class":"col col3"},c);f=e.create("div",{"class":"layers-list-popupMenu-div"},f);l=(new w({_layerInfo:a,box:this.layerListWidget.domNode.parentNode,popupMenuNode:f,layerListWidget:this.layerListWidget,_config:this.config})).placeAt(f);this.own(n(l,"onMenuClick",m.hitch(this,this._onPopupMenuItemClick,a,l)));d=e.create("tr",{"class":"",layerContentTrNodeId:a.id},d);d=e.create("td",{"class":"",colspan:"3"},
d);d=e.create("table",{"class":"layer-sub-node"},d);this.own(n(b,"click",m.hitch(this,this._onRowTrClick,a,g,c,d)));this.own(n(q,"click",m.hitch(this,this._onRowTrClick,a,g,c,d)));this.own(n(c,"mouseover",m.hitch(this,this._onLayerNodeMouseover,c,l)));this.own(n(c,"mouseout",m.hitch(this,this._onLayerNodeMouseout,c,l)));this.own(n(p.domNode,"click",m.hitch(this,this._onCkSelectNodeClick,a,p)));this.own(n(f,"click",m.hitch(this,this._onPopupMenuClick,a,l,c)));return{currentNode:c,subNode:d}},addLegendNode:function(a,
b,d){d=e.create("tr",{"class":"legend-node-tr"},d);d=e.create("td",{"class":"legend-node-td"},d);try{var c=a.createLegendsNode();k.set(c,"font-size",12*(b+1)+"px");e.place(c,d)}catch(f){console.error(f)}},_fold:function(a,b,d){"none"===k.get(d,"display")?(k.set(d,"display","table"),s.set(b,"src",this.layerListWidget.folderUrl+"images/v.png"),a=!1):(k.set(d,"display","none"),s.set(b,"src",isRTL?this.layerListWidget.folderUrl+"images/v_left.png":this.layerListWidget.folderUrl+"images/v_right.png"),
a=!0);return a},_onCkSelectNodeClick:function(a,b,d){b.checked?a.setTopLayerVisible(!0):a.setTopLayerVisible(!1);d.stopPropagation()},_onPopupMenuClick:function(a,b,d,c){this._changeSelectedLayerRow(d);b&&"opened"===b.state?b.closeDropMenu():(this._hideCurrentPopupMenu(),b&&(this.currentPopupMenu=b,b.openDropMenu()));c.stopPropagation()},_hideCurrentPopupMenu:function(){this.currentPopupMenu&&"opened"===this.currentPopupMenu.state&&this.currentPopupMenu.closeDropMenu()},_onLayerNodeMouseover:function(a,
b){h.add(a,"layer-row-mouseover");b&&h.add(b.btnNode,"jimu-icon-btn-selected")},_onLayerNodeMouseout:function(a,b){h.remove(a,"layer-row-mouseover");b&&h.remove(b.btnNode,"jimu-icon-btn-selected")},_onLayerListWidgetPaneClick:function(a){a&&a.closeDropMenu()},_onRowTrClick:function(a,b,d,c){this._changeSelectedLayerRow(d);b=this._fold(a,b,c);a.isLeaf()&&!b&&(c=g(".legends-div",c)[0],b=g(".legends-loading-img",c)[0],c&&b&&a.drawLegends(c,this.layerListWidget.appConfig.portalUrl))},_changeSelectedLayerRow:function(a){this._currentSelectedLayerRowNode&&
this._currentSelectedLayerRowNode===a||(this._currentSelectedLayerRowNode&&h.remove(this._currentSelectedLayerRowNode,"jimu-widget-row-selected"),h.add(a,"jimu-widget-row-selected"),this._currentSelectedLayerRowNode=a)},_onPopupMenuItemClick:function(a,b,d,c){c={itemKey:d.key,extraData:c,layerListWidget:this.layerListWidget,layerListView:this};"transparency"===d.key?"none"===k.get(b.transparencyDiv,"display")?b.showTransNode(a.getOpacity()):b.hideTransNode():(a=b.popupMenuInfo.onPopupMenuClick(c),
a.closeMenu&&b.closeDropMenu())},_exchangeLayerTrNode:function(a,b){var d=g("tr[layerTrNodeId\x3d'"+a+"']",this.layerListTable)[0],c=g("tr[layerTrNodeId\x3d'"+b+"']",this.layerListTable)[0],e=g("tr[layerContentTrNodeId\x3d'"+b+"']",this.layerListTable)[0];this.layerListTable.removeChild(c);this.layerListTable.insertBefore(c,d);this.layerListTable.removeChild(e);this.layerListTable.insertBefore(e,d)},moveUpLayer:function(a){var b=this.operLayerInfos.moveUpLayer(a);b&&this._exchangeLayerTrNode(b,a)},
moveDownLayer:function(a){var b=this.operLayerInfos.moveDownLayer(a);b&&this._exchangeLayerTrNode(a,b)}})});

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alex,

That is minified code that uses the JS API LayerList widget and has nothing to do with WAB layer list widget.

0 Kudos
alextang
New Contributor

That was the LayerListView.JS file that I found in the c:\stemapp\widgets\LayerList\ directory of the server.

I can only find two folders named stemapp on the server and both directories have a a widgets and LayerList directory that contains the LayerListView.js file.  Both have the code as I have previously posted.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alex,

OK, I stand corrected then. Still as it is minified code there is little to be done. I guess you could replace the LayerList folder with the un-minified one from WAB Deve edition then the code provided in this post would work.

0 Kudos
alextang
New Contributor

Thanks Robert.  I'm downloading and installing web appbuilder developer edition now.

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

i am trying to get my mapservices to expand automatically when my WAB map is opened, i thought the enhanced layer list widget did this but cant seem to find it now. in my layerListView.js I cannot see where to add the code mentioned above.layer list not expanded

0 Kudos