labeling differences between map and appbuilder

Jump to solution
02-18-2022 04:19 AM
Labels (2)
RodrigoLama
Occasional Contributor

Hi friends,
I have differences in the visualization of labels.
On the map I can see the label with line breaks, the effects that are applied to the layers.
but App Builder doesn't seem to care and displays it as it can, without line breaks and without effects.

because?

appbuilder

RodrigoLama_0-1645186588852.png

webmap

RodrigoLama_1-1645186651488.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

WebAppBuilder is based on the ArcGIS JavaScript API 3.x, which does not support line breaks in labels, among many other things.

I'm guessing you're using the new map viewer to configure your labels? In order to retain those setting, you need to view the map using an application built on the 4.x API, like Experience Builder, or the latest set of "Instant Apps".

If your use case requires WebAppBuilder because of a particular widget that's not available elsewhere, the only thing you can do is configure your map in the Classic Map Viewer to ensure that what ends up in WebAppBuilder is the same, but that means you can't use the new capabilities, either.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

WebAppBuilder is based on the ArcGIS JavaScript API 3.x, which does not support line breaks in labels, among many other things.

I'm guessing you're using the new map viewer to configure your labels? In order to retain those setting, you need to view the map using an application built on the 4.x API, like Experience Builder, or the latest set of "Instant Apps".

If your use case requires WebAppBuilder because of a particular widget that's not available elsewhere, the only thing you can do is configure your map in the Classic Map Viewer to ensure that what ends up in WebAppBuilder is the same, but that means you can't use the new capabilities, either.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RodrigoLama
Occasional Contributor

gracias por la aclaracion 

0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

Please note that Web AppBuilder both Javascript API - 3.* and 4.*
If you generate 2D app, it uses Javascript API 3.*,
If you generate 3D app, it uses Javascript API 4.*.