Is there a way to get the basemap to stick on webmap after a refresh?

01-27-2017 11:19 AM
ChadSchauf
New Contributor II

Specifically, I work for a non-profit electric distribution cooperative and we have a web application I built with web builder. The default base map is bing maps with satellite imagery. We have users who when dealing with a large amount of electric outages like in the case of a storm or something will switch their basemap to something with very little detail. Like the light gray canvas or something. Well from our outage management system I can right click on an outage and "Zoom To" it on the map. But when I do that it automatically changes the basemap back to the default. Anyone know any way to make it not do that by changing the web app or web map in Portal?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

If you set the web maps basemap to your desired base map then that will be your default.

0 Kudos
ChadSchauf
New Contributor II

Are you talking in the map viewer settings? That I know but as a user I want to change my default. It does remember my layer settings and map position though.

-Chad

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

So you are talking about your user changing the basemap at runtime anf you want the app do remember what the last chosen basemap was when the app is restarted?

0 Kudos
ChadSchauf
New Contributor II

Yes. If a user changes his basemap to something other than the default is there a way for that to stay. Sort of like it remembers my last position and what layers I have turned on or off. It does remember that stuff I assume by a cookie or web cache.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

Correct it will use the browsers local store or a cookie in much old browsers cases. But the base map is not something that is coded to be recalled. I could be programmed to if you were using the developer edition and had the know how though.

0 Kudos
ChadSchauf
New Contributor II

I’ve posed the question to our developers so hopefully they can come up with something.

Thanks

-Chad

0 Kudos