Is sorting related records in web app builder possible?

10-03-2016 07:17 AM
ThomasFurcron
Occasional Contributor

First being able to edit related records using web app builder is AWESOME!!https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/web-appbuilder?sr=search&searchId=33647200-6910-4c2...

Now for my question. 

I set up in ArcGIS online a webmap that has a feature class and a single related table.  Under the configure pop-up i checked show related records and under sort options i set up the sort based on a date field.  Now when I open this map in Collector on the ipad it functions properly, showing the related records in descending order by date.

Arcgis Online sort set up

But when I use web app builder to set up the the editor widget it does not honor the sorting based on the web map it is created off of.  Is there another way to sort this data in web app builder?Web App Builder not sorting

29 Replies
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

I have a WAB app with related records in a pop-up window, and the sorting of related records is still not working. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

In the webmap, do you have the sort option accessible from the feature class or the related table?  I received some instructions to set the sort order from the feature class, but I can only access the sort order options from the related table.

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

Yes, I have an option to sort related data under the feature class. And that is what I did, but it still not working?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is your date field the standard ESRI date field or did you modify it from the default to meet your specific business needs?

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

It is a standard date field. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is the data being used for the relate (feature class and related table) hosted up in AGOL or do you have your own AGS services that are registered with AGOL?

Has the data being used been around in the same datasource (e.g.file gdb, SDE) for some time like over 3 or 4 months?  If so, can you try copying the data to a brand new file gdb and see if the related records sort properly if you create a new webmap and associated webappbuilder app from the new file gdb?

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

All the data is hosted in AGO. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

In the webmap used for the web application, do the related records shown in the attribute table at the bottom of the screen when clicking on Show Related Records from feature class pop-up window get sorted correctly?

I ask because I created a test webmap with just the feature class and related table and the sorting of related records works properly there in the attribute table. Unfortunately, when the webmap is used in a brand new test app, the related records still don't sort properly from the pop-up window as it seems to just disregard the sort configuration that was applied to the webmap.

0 Kudos
MichaelTownshend
New Contributor III

I am seeing the same exact issue.  The related records are sorted properly in the web map once I configure the sorting of related records.  However, when I consume the web map in WAB, the related records are not sorted as configured in the web map. 

Has anyone seen this work since AGOL was updated last week?  Does anyone know if there are a specific set of circumstances where this works?  

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

That's exactly the issue that I have. It works in the webmap, but its not honored by the WAB.

0 Kudos