Is it possible to execute queries within a pop-up?

06-13-2017 10:11 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is the basic pop-up

I basically want the 'More Info' button I configured to execute a command that will execute several queries within the pop-up and display the results therein. 

I'm working with the Side Panel Widget 2.4 so that there is ample space and that's not a concern. My ideal situation would be this:

User clicks a point -> basic popup appears (working)

User clicks 'More Info' -> the button triggers a PHP (? Is this the best language for this?) command that pulls inputs from the attribute table (like Request Number) and returns several tables that share that key. 

And this all happens within the pop-up (i.e. no iframes, or separate pages, etc.). Has anyone attempted anything like this or know if it is possible?

Cheers,

A

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Andrew,

Were you able to find a solution to this? It seem like it would take quite a bit of custom work but would be really useful!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adrian,

I ended up using some JS initiate a separate pop-up window (i.e. target="_blank") which contains a C# app that houses the more detailed information. It is not the fix I want, but it might have to do until I can get a more elegant solution. If I find anything, I'll let you know 

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Well, a work around is a work around! Please post back if there is a more streamlined approach because that would be interesting.

0 Kudos