Is it possible to display JSON/dojo store object in attribute table widget of web Appbuilder?

12-22-2015 08:47 AM
MS2
by
New Contributor II

I'm creating a custom widget in web appbuilder. We have a scenario where user uploads CSV files(column count may vary), map point from the data and display it in the table. Since data may be huge, it will occupy lot of space in map viewpoint if it is displayed inside the widget. Instead of occupying more space on map,it will be nice if the data is displayed inside attribute table. So is it possible to display any JSON/dojo store object in attribute table widget of web Appbuilder by creating new tab and adding user uploaded data to it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamieThompson2
New Contributor III

I would also like to know about this. I have messed around with trying to display some results in the attribute table, but I found I had to create a feature layer, add the feature layer to the layer list and then I could have it automatically open the attribute table. I did not try adding a store to the table though.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mouli & Jamie,

Looking through all the code in the Attribute Table widget and it's dependency on a feature layer the answer would be no. Both the _FeatureTable.js and the _RelationshipTable.js have dependencies on either a FeatureLayer or a relationship query that will be coming for a map service.

MS2
by
New Contributor II

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP​, Would it be a good idea to introduce a new JSON type apart from the Feature & Relationship, and construct data Grid manually and display the data?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mouli,

If that is a feature that you need then yes, but keep in mind that this is an esri otb widget and subject to change with each new release that may have breaking changes on your custom code.

0 Kudos