Invalid redirect_uri

09-10-2015 02:09 PM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III
  1. Download the WebAppBuilder.
  2. Unzip.
  3. Transfer unzipped files to new folder.
    ( Avoids having app buried levels deep in folders. )
  4. Double-click startup.bat
    2015-09-10_153240.png
  5. Browser window opens.
    2015-09-10_153439.png
  6. Enter my portal... portalname.maps.arcgis.com and hit [Continue] button.
  7. Browser window requests App ID.
    2015-09-10_153736.png
  8. Login to the Portal you specified in the browser window of point 7.
  9. Add Web AppBuilder as an item like directed in the 'Get Started Document.' (GSD)
  10. In the item details page, click REGISTER under App Registration section like directed in the '(GSD).'
  11. In the item details page, copy the App ID under App Registration like directed in the '(GSD).'
  12. In the browser (from point #7), paste the App ID into the text box of Web AppBuilder, and click Cont... like directed in the '(GSD).'
    2015-09-10_160054.gif
  13. Get Invalid redirect_uri anyway...
    2015-09-10_160519.png
  14. Head over to ArcGIS for Developers.
  15. Make sure your app is all setup.
    2015-09-10_153917.png
  16. Still doesn't work.

What's going on?! It was working fine a few days ago. Then suddenly it stopped saving ANYTHING I did in the Web AppBuilder altogether. It would run during the session, but once I closed the browser nothing I had saved would be saved. So I deleted Web AppBuilder, downloaded a new copy, UNREGISTERED and RE-REGISTERED the App... did everything like before... and still no love.

I have maps I need to be making... HELP!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try setting http://<YourMachineName> and https://<YourMachineName> in the redirect uri while registering the app.

Think Location
BrianO_keefe

I did.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

Well, on a whim... I remembered that in the "REGISTERED INFO" of the process I USED to have more robust entries. So I entered...

http://servername.main.ourdomain.org:3344/webappbuilder/

to the registered info URI section and voila...

I don't have time today to see if it will let me save... but at least it's opening now. UGH! That was an annoying 2 hour ordeal...

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian, remember, you should run Web Appbuilder on a user machine, not a server.  Once you deploy you will want the deployed site on the server, or a web machine (eg IIS) but fir developmention, it should be installed and run on a desktop.  At least reading thru your explaination, it looks lIke its on a arcgis server machine, not local.​

CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

Rebecca,

Is this true? I'm running web app builders for developer on a dev server (well was hoping to) using ArcGIS for Server and Portal. I can't run it on my local machine.

Is this going to cause issues?

I cannot register my apps either which I was thinking was some sort of issue with Portal. I keep getting told my redirect uri is invalid. 

However, I have to keep things very locked down in my organization so I cannot run this with AGO.

Thanks,

Carmie

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Do you have a named user in your organizations Portal?  If so, you would want to register it there.

I have seen others that said they have been able to place on a server and share somewhat.  I have not try it.  I just supplied the links in another post which I will copy here.

other post: Re: Web Appbuilder (developer edition), How to have multiple editors of an app?

other links:

This is a workaround for one developer and multiple non-developer's, not exactly the same but might help. 

Re: Custom Widgets as an add-in?   the comments by Pascual Benito

There have been other discussions on what you are trying to do  This is probably the most precise answer

Re: Sharing Web AppBuilder apps with multiple users

0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

"Do you have a named user in your organizations Portal?  If so, you would want to register it there."

Thank you for your quick reply!

I do have a named user. How do I do this?

Carmie

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I haven't dont this on Portal, but my instructions for AGOL are found Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed​    Portal should be similar.

I have many other links here: Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

I have a few links for Portal docs at the end of that second link, but haven't done much with it myself.

0 Kudos