Invalid redirect_URI Web Application Builder Deployment from Server?

Jump to solution
07-15-2016 02:52 PM
GeoffreyWest
Occasional Contributor III

I have configured an ArcGIS WebApplicationBuilder Map as an application in ArcGIS Online.  It is consumed by IIS6 on a Windows 2003 Server Machine.  When I hit the URL; I receive ERROR 400 Invalid URI_indirect.  My application was copied to my server from AGOL. What is the solution for this if I am not using WebAppBuilder in Development mode?  What should my URI be when I register the app in AGOL?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
GeoffreyWest

did you configure a redirect_uri?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Robert Scheitlin, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Geoffrey,

No, I did not have to.

0 Kudos
GeoffreyWest

When I access the application via AGOL, I receive the same error, what could this indicate?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Geoffrey,

Sorry to say I am not sure what that indicates. It sounds like it is time for you to contact esri tech support.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49

Geoffrey,

I have had this same problem sometime ago, but mine was due to the "http and https" exceptions that was allowed by the IT security team at my organisation, which of the proxy code are you using?..."HTTPS" (443) or "HTTP" (80)....

0 Kudos
GeoffreyWest

Robert and Babtope,

The spelling is actually "Geoffrey". Nonetheless, I was able to figure

this out, it just had to do with where the application was placed in my

directory. I didn't have to change the settings as you noted Babatope.

Thanks to both of you for your assistance with this.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Geoffrey,

I have edited the misspelling in all the posts.

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Correct Answer" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos

Glad you got it figured out, thanks Robert for the corrections.

0 Kudos

Geoffrey ,

Did you add the downloaded files from AGOL as an application in your IIS or your site root folder (wwwroot)?, if you did that of IIS then make sure you do this set up as illustrated below, however if otherwise then it should just work@@:

1. Click on the basic settings as in figure below on the right side of your IIS Manager:

2. Connect As: using the "Specific User" (Preferably an admin account that never changes)

3. Test setting: Make sure the result are ticked green

Now you can test your site......Hope this is useful

0 Kudos
GeoffreyWest

Babatope,

I am using IIS6, is the Directory security tab  for each virtual directory similar to the example that you have provided?

0 Kudos