Internal ONLY Web Map Sharing Issues

Jump to solution
09-25-2015 08:36 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

So we have a webmap that is INTERNAL ONLY. We have to build the 'ArcGIS' map side online, then using WAB build the web map, prop it up on our internal server, and now it's asking for AGOL sign on. This is supposed to be used by Field Crews?! They will 'never' have AGOL accounts... what is the proper workflow for a situation like this?

91 Replies
albavoli
New Contributor III

of the organization or the URL of feature layer?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alba,

I would think the organization, but I have not I have not attempted your exact situation.

0 Kudos
albavoli
New Contributor III

Hi Robert i want to ask u again i am having a problem when i use in my webmap a feature layer that i shared only with my organization then the login appear again and gives an error token required under the rest services url although i configured the url in proxy what can i do?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alba,

I have the same scenario working fine on my end, a feature service that is restricted to my org In a  webmap it works fine. So I am not sure what you do not have configured correctly.

0 Kudos
albavoli
New Contributor III

so what i should configure in proxy.config and also the config.json?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alba,

yes you need a serverUrl in your proxy.config and a rule in your config.json.

0 Kudos
albavoli
New Contributor III

sorry for asking so much but what i need to put there the feature layer url?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alba,

Is your web map restricted to your org and your feature layer is secure?

0 Kudos
albavoli
New Contributor III

both of them are restricted in my organization but i don't know what to put in proxy.config what url

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

Do us a favor.

After removing all sensitive information (usernames / passwords) can you post the contents of the following:

Files

1. wwwroot/path/to/your/proxy/proxy.config
    A simple list of each serverUrl entries would be perfect. Again, please remove all sensitive information. You don't want to hand out free access to your server.
  2. wwwroot/path/to/your/webmap/config.json
    It should be line 260-ish. The section/JSON Object labelled "httpProxy" and technically, just the "rules" you are using. I don't use the "url" anymore and everything works.

App

The app should be registered following the template that Robert outlined above, but just for clarification purposes, make sure that your app follows this general layout in the registration process:

1. URL points to your internal server.
  2. API used is JavaScript
  3. App Type is "browser"
  4. Purpose is "Configurable"
  5. Redirect URI also points to your internal server.

Share the files information and double-check your App details and let's see if we can get you configured and back to making more maps!

0 Kudos