Internal ONLY Web Map Sharing Issues

Jump to solution
09-25-2015 08:36 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

So we have a webmap that is INTERNAL ONLY. We have to build the 'ArcGIS' map side online, then using WAB build the web map, prop it up on our internal server, and now it's asking for AGOL sign on. This is supposed to be used by Field Crews?! They will 'never' have AGOL accounts... what is the proper workflow for a situation like this?

91 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Barnaby,

I used the client Id and secret for the WAB app registration.

BarnabyRockwell

Ok, thanks, Robert.

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell

Robert,

Item #3 in your post,

The big thing about step 3 is that the item is PUBLIC (the app item that you are registering). The webmap is still private and secured though.

appears to be key.  I cannot make any registered app in my organizations's AGOL group public.  Do you know if it is possible to make the ClientID/Secret auth method work if the registered app is NOT public?

Cheers,

Barnaby

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Barnaby,

I do not believe that is possible.

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell

Robert,

Thanks.  Rather extensive experimentation on my part with the the ClientID/Secret method confirms what you say.

Cheers,

Barnaby

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hey Robert, did you (or anyone) here have to add the routing, traffic and logistics services to your content?

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

No, the client ID and secret generated (which is part of your ArcGIS Online Organization's content page) should work for routing.arcgis.com, traffic.arcgis.com and logistics.arcgis.com.

You have to call each of the above mentioned URLs in proxy.config page and in config.json proxy rule at the end.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Ok thanks Aravind that's what I thought. Just double checking

David

0 Kudos
NartTamash
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I've set this up according to the instructions here and it works as expected...sort of.

I am using Portal with WAB Dev Edition, have a public web app (based on public map). The bulk of the users are anonymous, so they DON'T need to ever log in. There is however one map service in there that is secured and available to several NAMED users only. This was causing the app to throw a login popup to the majority of the anonymous users.

I've set up the proxy, targeting the specific secured service, and got rid of the popup...anonymous users can view the map WITHOUT the secured service without being disturbed by login screens. However, the few named users that have access to the secured service do not see it now, as the proxy login is overriding their login privileges to the secured service.

Is there any way to apply the proxy conditionally? For example only apply it if the current user is not logged at all?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nart,

No the use of the proxy to bypass the Identity manager is not something that is conditional that I am aware of.

0 Kudos