Interaction with widgets

Jump to solution
08-19-2015 06:59 AM
BrianRassier
Occasional Contributor

I'm just starting to get a feel for Web AppBuilder.  When creating custom widgets, what level of interaction is expected with existing "out of the box" widgets?  For example, if my widget wants to select a specific item in the AttributeTable widget, there doesn't seem to be a great API for something like that.  Is that accurate or am I missing something?  If this type of interaction would be required, is the expectation that developers would extend the existing widgets and build this functionality themselves?

Thanks

-Brian

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

As you have probably already noticed there is no exposed methods or event listeners for selecting a row in the Attribute Table widget so yes your only option would be to extend the widget to allow for this. Hopefully in the future there will be something you can publish to select certain rows of certain tables. The only way you are going to see these sort of things added to WAB though is for you to call tech support and log an enhancement request.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

As you have probably already noticed there is no exposed methods or event listeners for selecting a row in the Attribute Table widget so yes your only option would be to extend the widget to allow for this. Hopefully in the future there will be something you can publish to select certain rows of certain tables. The only way you are going to see these sort of things added to WAB though is for you to call tech support and log an enhancement request.

0 Kudos
BrianRassier
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for confirming my hunch Robert.  I appreciate it!

0 Kudos