Info Summary Widget Fails To Zoom to Feature/Show Pop Up

02-01-2021 06:41 AM
F-Agatone
New Contributor III

WAB App is a Dashboard Theme, built in Enterprise 10.8.1. The data used in the Info Summary Widget are all hosted feature layers.

I have included the Info Summary Widget in one of my apps, and have not been able to identify the cause of the "zoom to"/show pop up periodically not working. All of the functionality of the widget is working with the exception of the ability to "zoom to" a feature/show the pop up when double clicking on it. This works about half the time. 

In troubleshooting, it does not appear to be related to the feature layer, as some records in a single layer will zoom and show the pop up, while others will not. It doesn't appear to be related to individual records either, as refreshing the app and double clicking on a record that was not previously functioning correctly will often then zoom and show the pop up. 

Has anyone else experienced similar behavior? My app's value relies heavily on this feature, and the inconsistent behavior is frustrating to users and leads them to think that the app is broken.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
F-Agatone
New Contributor III

Has anyone else had this issue? I'd like to learn if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations.

0 Kudos
LeZu
by
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue as you, but I have unfortunately not found a solution to it.

0 Kudos
F-Agatone
New Contributor III

@LeZu I ended up working with ESRI Technical Support on this issue. They cataloged it as a Bug (#BUG-000138071) on 3/10/2021 as a Medium Severity issue that's in the Product Plan, but the change hasn't been implemented yet, so my users are still experiencing the issue. 

If it's a problem for you or any of your users I recommend reaching out to ESRI Technical Support - hopefully if more people report the issue they will implement a fix sooner. 

0 Kudos
TylerLarson
New Contributor III

So when I search for that bug it does not appear in my bug and enhancements list.  Can you share a link to this Bug you referenced? Thanks

0 Kudos
F-Agatone
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, on 3/18/22, I received an email from ESRI informing me that they weren't able to reproduce it, so they closed the bug. I was disappointed to hear this as I logged this issue with a technician over a year ago, and at the time was told confidently that it was reproducible. My organization is still experiencing this issue with our app.

"BUG-000138071 - The Info Summary widget does not update with consecutive updates to the Group Filter parameter.

Current Information:

Public Explanation: We were not able to reproduce it.                  

Workaround:                      "

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Fariss,

I work with the Info Summary widget development team, we are investigating this issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Aziza

0 Kudos
F-Agatone
New Contributor III

Hi Aziza, 

This is great news. My organization relies on an app that uses the info summary widget as it's primary feature, and having this issue resolved would help my users. I have opened another Customer Support Case so that I can share the details of my issue again with ESRI. FYSA, I had initially opened case under #02745424.

Over the last year, we have transitioned to using a federated feature service for this application, and the issue has persisted. My active Support Case is #03035000. 

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Could you please share the repro steps with me also I can't find case #03035000 in the system, could you please make sure to double check the bug number with esri support? You can give them my name so that they can directly contact me. 

Thanks so much for your patience, I will update you in this forum what we find.

0 Kudos
F-Agatone
New Contributor III

Hi Aziza. I just doubled checked my customer support case number and it is listed as #03035000. I opened it on Monday, 4/4/2022. I did share your name with the customer support representative to try and avoid any of us duplicating effort. 

This is what I shared with my representative: 

I have created a WAB application that uses the Info Summary widget and the Group Filter widget. The WAB App is in ArcGIS Enterprise Portal and uses federated feature services. Occasionally, when using the Info Summary widget, clicking on a feature will do nothing. The record will not “pan to” as intended. This happens with any layer; it is not just restricted to one. It happens on variable records as well; there is no discernable pattern to which records this occurs on. This occurs in both Edge and Google Chrome. This issue also occurred when I was using hosted feature layers for this application.

The issue occurs not only after multiple updates to the Group Filter widget but can occur at any time. For example, this morning I opened the application in both Chrome and Edge. I immediately opened the Info Summary widget and started clicking on records. After several successful clicks (meaning the records pan to as intended), I encounter some records that do not pan to. The same records did not pan to in both browsers. When I opened case #02745424 in 2021, my technician was able to duplicate the behavior that I demonstrated, so I am not sure why BUG-000138071 was closed just over a year later and the reason was that the behavior was not reproducible.

Chrome Version: Version 99.0.4844.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Edge Version: Version 99.0.1150.36 (Official build) (64-bit)

I am in Portal 10.8.1. If it's helpful at all to transition any of this to email please let me know; I appreciate your attention and assistance. 

0 Kudos