In the Query widget can a user search for multiple returns without using defined entries

Jump to solution
12-20-2018 07:49 AM
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

Within the Query widget in Web App Builder you can set a filter to search for various data. If I have a series of keywords, is there any way to search for more than one entry, i.e. by separating by comma etc, rather than having to define all possible answers as a tick list? Because I have a varied dataset, although each feature has fewer than 10 keywords there are probably 100 odd variables, which is impractical to have as a dropdown. I figure it ought to be possible using the Multiple selection, but I only ever seem to be able to choose Multiple (Predefined). I've tried 'is' and 'contains', but without success.

In Google and other search engines you can search with multiple options, so I guess it ought to be possible, or is the background coding too complex?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
12 Replies
SimonCrutchley

Okay. Guess I need to improve and get to grips more with Portal. When I've done that am I okay to come back with more questions?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sure. One thing to be aware of is that on Premise Portal is a couple of versions behind the AGOL WAB and WAB Dev version so you will have to make sure you get the appropriate version of the custom widget for the version of portal you are running. I have provided a link to the release info:

About release versions—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I.e if you install Portal 10.6.1 it only uses WAB version 2.8. So using custom widget that are developed for 2.9 or 2.10 could be an issue.

SimonCrutchley

That's really helpful, thanks. I suspect I won't get onto this again until the New Year, and will probably have to talk to our IT team to be certain about compatibility with the main corporate versions, but you've given me plenty to think about.

Thanks

0 Kudos