Implementing User Login & Filtering

Jump to solution
08-21-2017 06:17 PM
EncikPiee
New Contributor

Hi all,

I about to develop a multiple user login to my WAB, and currently have a user login database on my SQLServer. What is the best approach to support more than 100's users login to a WAB, and what is the approach that I can filter the data, by using a set of related tables?

For example:

Example related table layer:

1) Users = {(Username : James, GroupID : 25), .....}

2) CarIDGroup = {(CarID : 2217 , GroupID : 25) , (CarID : 112, GroupID : 1), .......}

3) CarLocation = {(CarID :2217, Lat:1.333, Lng : 101.221), .......}

So, let say, James log in, and he can only see the location of CarID in a group 25 only. Do WAB has a similar function that can support this filtering?

Thanks,

Shaffie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shaffie,

The way I handle if is to develop a .Net website that has login and security database (not really a GIS topic, so you just need to Google it "Creating an ASP.NET Web Site with Basic User Login"). and then I paste all the standard WAB site Index.html code into the Default.aspx and now you have a .Net controlled login for your site. Now the trying to control the layer filtering could be handled using a definition query on the layer based on the authenticated user. This stuff is way to specific and customized for any code sharing though, so all I can do is share these general workflow patterns.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shaffie,

The way I handle if is to develop a .Net website that has login and security database (not really a GIS topic, so you just need to Google it "Creating an ASP.NET Web Site with Basic User Login"). and then I paste all the standard WAB site Index.html code into the Default.aspx and now you have a .Net controlled login for your site. Now the trying to control the layer filtering could be handled using a definition query on the layer based on the authenticated user. This stuff is way to specific and customized for any code sharing though, so all I can do is share these general workflow patterns.  

EncikPiee
New Contributor

Great! General workflow is what I need as I'm confused what to do. Anyway, thanks for the brilliant idea Robert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos