I am having trouble with map service layers showing up in the legend of my print jobs

Jump to solution
07-02-2015 03:17 PM
ChrisJones-Roberts
New Contributor III

I am using my own print service which is pushing out custom layouts. If I have a feature service displaying on the map I will show up in the printed legend. If it is a Web Service is will not show up in the printed legend. Both Map Services and Feature services show up in the legend widget. In Arcgis portal I have the layers set to show in the legend. I am using Web Appbuilder (Developer) 1.1  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Chris

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
ChrisJones-Roberts
New Contributor III

I am using AGS 10.3. I switched all my services to dynamically drawn and I am going to have to test and keep an eye on performance. Right now it seems to perform just fine. It does suffer a little hit in performance but I don't believe that it will impact the usefulness of the application. Thank you

0 Kudos
Erickson_Contract_Surveying_
New Contributor

I am having a similar issue, but with a feature service in a custom export webmap gp that is consumed by wab 1.2 developer edition hosted locally using local AGS 10.3 services.  As you can see in the screenshot 2 of the 3 layers are symbolized.  For some reason the Conceptual Area layer is missing the swatch in the legend.  It is a standard unfilled rectangle with width of 4.

missing feature symbol.jpg

0 Kudos
HelenWhiteley
New Contributor III

Hi Erickson Contract Surveying _

Did you ever solve this issue with feature services displaying in WAB legends?  I only have the problem either when symbolising a feature service by category:

FeatureServiceCategoryLegend.jpg

Or, when I tried symbolising as separate layers, I only get the problem with an outline and no fill:

FeatureServiceOutlineVsFill.jpg

This is exactly the same feature service, just symbolised differently, although, for some reason, the legend text also returns differently.

This is proving to be quite an issue as I need users to be able to draw different coloured outlines on a map and be able to print a plan with a legend.

Any insight welcomed!

Thanks,

Helen

0 Kudos
CamilleLill
New Contributor

Hi Helen,

I was wondering if you ever found a resolution to this issue. I'm having the exact same problem with missing swatches, when I symbolize a feature service by category.  1 out of the 4 category types will show up in the legend.

Thanks,

Camille

0 Kudos
PabloIzquierdo1
New Contributor III

In my case, I have to use cached service because our layers are very heavy, any idea on how to show these kind of services in the legend area of the print out?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Server (AGS) are you using?

The performance of AGS dynamic mapservices has dramatically improved since 10.0, so you may want to consider trying dynamic mapservices.  Maybe you can place some of these heavy layers in a dynamic mapservice so you can get them to print out in the legend area.

Do these heavy layers use a Symbology such as Unique Values that would create a large legend for those layers (that might cause you additional problems in fitting the legend in)?

0 Kudos
PabloIzquierdo1
New Contributor III

I'm using AGS 10.31.

I don't think the symbology is a problem, when I use a non-cached dynamic service for this layer, the legend fitting well.

0 Kudos