Hyperlink to Streetview - Widget or Popup

Jump to solution
05-16-2017 03:41 PM
DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone, since we can't use an in app widget to display google street view I was wondering if anyone has created a widget or edited the popup window to include a hyperlink to google streetview with coordinates from the click eg: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=&layer=c&cbll=31.33519,-89.28720 (got link from another site!)

I've been digging around in the popup manager.js trying to figure out how to add items to what i think ESRI called the popups action items (zoom to and three dots in WABDE 2.4)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
27 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

Awesome that is the guide I need. I found some others that wouldn't have got me there, this is great thanks! I will post on here when i have something so others can benefit.

Dan

SubodhDhakal1
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Do you know if this is still ok to use it such that we just create dynamic hyperlink to open up new window with streetview ? I am in a situation where i cannot find if i am allowed to use it at all to comply with Googles TOS?

Cheers,

Subodh

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Actually it is a violation to have any other map then Google Maps as a the map that is the starting point for bringing up Google Street View.

DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

Got rid of my reply to avoid confusion, thanks Robert!

0 Kudos
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II

Robert, I just read the Google Terms of Service and I found this:

Google Street View terms of service

What do you think?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The API team explained to me that that portion is over ruled by the portion that says you can not use any map other than Google Maps.

AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II

So there is no legal way to incorporate Google Street View with an Esri map?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

100% correct