How to update the service URL of "Extra Data Source" configured widgets in Web App Builder?

12-17-2018 12:15 PM
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

I have a dashboard themed Web App Builder product with several widgets. Recently, I updated the sources of my data services from HTTP to HTTPS urls. When I did this, some widgets updated and displayed properly, and other did not. The ones that did not update are the "Extra Data Source" filters. See screen shots 1) and 2):

1)

2)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gene,

There is no way to do this using the UI. But you can manually update the url in the apps main config.json.

0 Kudos
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Robert, I have download WebApp builder for Developers and tried to import my web app so that I might be able to make the change, and I receive this error:

'Fail to import. Some widgets used in the app are newer version. App name:[Drainage Work Order Dashboard], widget: ZoomSlider,2.11\

Apparently the version of Web App Builder within AGOL (that I created the app in) is a version higher than the Web App Builder for Developers. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gene,

You can not. You will have to wait for WAB Dev 2.11 to release in a couple of weeks if you need to import the app into WAB Dev. But you do Not need to import the app if all you need to do is update the Extra Data Sources" urls. Just open the config.json in a text editor and update the urls manually.

0 Kudos