How to populate a map with elements from an oracle database

08-02-2016 01:35 AM
C_Chipniz
New Contributor

Hi,

I am new in this forum. Thank you for you welcome. I am an oracle database developer. I need to do this :

A user ask for species in my Oracle Express Application. The request retrieve data. i need to see this data on a map. The data retrieved contains SDE geometry columns.

I am a newbie in Web App Builder. I don't figure out how to do this. Is there a tutorial or something ?

Regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Chipniz,

There are so many tutorials available for learning how to make use of Web Appbuilder (WAB) but first your data must be in the right frame or format, also you need to decide which version of the WAB you had require (ArcGIS online or Developer). See a few links below to assist you:

http://mapthis.net/how-to/prepare-gis-data-arcgis-online/

ArcGIS for Server | GIS Web Server Software | Web Map Server

Make your first app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Recording Information

Good luck

Baba

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

After you make sure you data is read, as Baba mentioned, it would be helpful to know if you are using the ArcGIS Online version, or the developer edition which you can host locally (you can download and find out more about it Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers ) or the Portal version.

The Online version is more plug-n-play, and has updates more often (get a free account, if you don't already have one ArcGIS for Developers  ).  Updates for the developer edition come 3-4 weeks after, but that allows you to take advantage of many user created Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets​ as well as developing you own (JavaScript).  Portal updates come later but is good for those things that must remain totally in-house.

For a list of other links (including install help( and list of custom widgets available Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List