How to implement own script to aplication built by WAB

11-30-2015 08:48 AM
LadislavRozkosny
New Contributor

Hi,

I have script to clustering with tutorial, how to implement to Arcgis api for javascriot. But i need implement this to app. Apps from WAB are consist of several files and I don't know where i must write a peace of code. In classical API this is simple, but when i have app, i have file f.e. index.html, env.js, simpleLoader.js and int.js.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ladislav,

Normally if your script is working with the map or layers than you can put it in the MapManager.js or write your own out of panel widget.

LadislavRozkosny
New Contributor

Widget would be great, but I am not able to write it , unfortunately. MapManager,js is my new file? I must create MapManager.js with own script and only put it to app folder and its all?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ladislav,

The MapManager.js is found in the[install dir]\server\apps\[app #]\jimu.js folder.

LadislavRozkosny
New Contributor

Thanks for help, but I'm lost. I need widget or simply implement clustering with flares for my app and JS isn't my hobby 😕

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ladislav,

Which clustering with flare script are you talking about? Can you provide the link?

0 Kudos
LadislavRozkosny
New Contributor

I wanted this script http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c546bc8d4f0b4c0fbdf149b92223e681​, but it isn't for new API and now I am trying this: nickcam/FlareClusterLayer · GitHub

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ladislav,

Unfortunately both of those are far from ready to be added to WAB. Nick is using current API but is designed for raw json data and not a map service. Your only option right now (you not being a developer) is to settle for the esri Japan clustering, even though it does not have your desired flaring at least you can have clustering in WAB.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ladislav,

I have the esri Japan clustering widget working for me so if you need any advice let me know.

0 Kudos
LadislavRozkosny
New Contributor

I have link to feature layer in AGS and i need clustering with flare for this. When I try implement Japan widget (with half functionality) i have proble, becouse app was built with 5 DynamicLayer and in one of them is my feature layer.

0 Kudos