How to get image attachments to render in pop-up window

Jump to solution
07-14-2015 02:22 PM
JayGeisen
New Contributor III

Does anyone know how I can get attachment images to render a preview in the popup window instead of just a hyperlink? As you can see in the picture, the default action is for a hyperlink to the attachment only.

ThanksPopup.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III
9 Replies
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Would this work for you: embedly/jquery-preview · GitHub

JayGeisen
New Contributor III

Chris,

It looks like that would likely work, but I was hoping there was something written into the WAB already I guess. I'm looking to keep things pretty simple here. This looks more complicated than I was expecting. The thing is, the popup window will show a preview for a hyperlinked image, just not an attachment I guess. Unless I'm misunderstanding something (likely)?

Jay

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jay,

Currently there is nothing in the code setup to allow for a preview of an attached image (like there was in Flex).

BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

Is that for real?

The WAB doesn't have any functionality for display attachments through a popup?! That just seems absurd?!

Granted, my feelings are weighted by just completing a process where I attached over 2k images to a couple feature classes and now I am looking for how to display them...

But still.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

Take a look at the following article:

Show Attachments in Web Map Popup

I haven't done much testing with this, so any feedback you have would be great.

0 Kudos
JayGeisen
New Contributor III

Chris &/or Robert,

How long do you think it would take to integrate that jQuery Preview plugin, assuming one knew what he was doing?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jay,

This looks like a fairly complicated task. Not sure that the benefit is worth the effort.

ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Jay,

The jQuery has the steps you need to go through, but you need to have Web App Builder Developer Edition. I agree with Robert, it could be a lot of trouble, as there is a lot of code in the Developer Edition, but if you have to do it, it is possible.

JayGeisen
New Contributor III

Thanks Chris. I do have the developer edition, but I agree with you both that it's probably not worth it for my purposes.