How to Export created application?

Jump to solution
09-05-2014 11:16 AM
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Everyone,

I am having trouble understanding how my application could be exported after I'm done customizing it through the ESRI Web App Builder. I checked and in some of the videos there was an option to Export it as a web map template, which I don't have (see image). Also, I'm not able to see any of the source codes through the ESRI Web App Builder. I currently have ArcBasic. Are these features only available on the ArcStandard and higher?

Is there a work around for this? Would I have to download the app after I'm done configuring it, widgets and all, and then add it through AGOL for it to be available?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Oh alright, well how would someone be able to configure the app template that he/she have downloaded from the WAB?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

So as Beta 2 stand right now. You can configure your app in WAB and deploy your configured app to a web server to be used like any other web mapping web site. You are focusing a capability that is not available in Beta 2 which is to configure an application TEMPLATE to be used in AGOL. Right now Beta 2 produces a functioning web application for deployment and NOT a template to be reused in AGOL.

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

Oh I see. So, if I'm understand this right, beta 2 is currently good for exporting the web app that we created to our local machine to host on a web server, which is also local. It is not meant to be uploaded to AGOL as a template to be use like the ESRI default templates. Is this right?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Correct

ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

Alright, thanks for your help.

I have another question, maybe you can answer it. Is there a way for me to get/view the application's JSON code after I downloaded it from WAB?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chuck,

Not that I am aware of.

Robert

0 Kudos