How to change Layer List interface

Jump to solution
03-23-2016 11:32 AM
LianaSmith
Occasional Contributor II

I changed the name of the widget from "Layer list" to "Select imagery to compare", but now the title is cropped "Select imagery to co..."

How do I make boundaries of the name field wider or change the font to a smaller one?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

Since you have the LayerList widget in the Foldable Theme and in the HeaderController Widgets widget pool,

open your apps config.json and make a change like this (line 9 add the comma and add line 10 with your desired width):

"widgetPool": {
    "panel": {
      "uri": "themes/FoldableTheme/panels/FoldablePanel/Panel",
      "position": {
        "top": 5,
        "right": 5,
        "bottom": 5,
        "zIndex": 5,
        "relativeTo": "map",
        "width": 480
      }
    },

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

You can open the main config.json of your app and add a width property to that specific widget so that the label shows in full.

LianaSmith

Could you please specify what exactly I need to add? I am not good in programming.. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

Since you have the LayerList widget in the Foldable Theme and in the HeaderController Widgets widget pool,

open your apps config.json and make a change like this (line 9 add the comma and add line 10 with your desired width):

"widgetPool": {
    "panel": {
      "uri": "themes/FoldableTheme/panels/FoldablePanel/Panel",
      "position": {
        "top": 5,
        "right": 5,
        "bottom": 5,
        "zIndex": 5,
        "relativeTo": "map",
        "width": 480
      }
    },
LianaSmith

Robert, Thank you! I did not know that I need to look got the widget pool. Do you know any online trainings where I can learn how to do widgets customization? Thank you again!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

No I am not aware of any online training for this.  Don't forget to mark this thread as answered by clicking the "Correct Answer".

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

These are probably still last year's videos, but free and might be worth a watch.  Some Dev Summit 2016 might be released soon too.

Search | Esri Video

For other info on WAB developer edition, check out my blog Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​  if you haven't already.  There are some additional training info there...long document so you may have to scroll down a bit.