Hosting the ArcGIS API for JS Locally (AWS Outage)

Jump to solution
02-28-2017 01:26 PM
JayGeisen
New Contributor III

After today's Amazon AWS S3 outage, I'm wondering how one might go about referencing a local installation of the API through Web AppBuilder apps. Also, which version of the API would you need? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jay,

If you open the env.js you will see the apiURL that you can set to your own local one and the apiVersion which is the version number you will need (i.e. WAB 2.3 uses JS API 3.19).

Change the URL of ArcGIS API for JavaScript—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS f... 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Jay,

Even if you end up getting all the api, your map will still be on arcgis online unless you use a widget like the local layer and load all layers individually. 

JayGeisen
New Contributor III

Ahh yes, you're right. Oh well, I suppose this happens rarely enough to not worry about it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jay,

If you open the env.js you will see the apiURL that you can set to your own local one and the apiVersion which is the version number you will need (i.e. WAB 2.3 uses JS API 3.19).

Change the URL of ArcGIS API for JavaScript—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS f... 

JayGeisen
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information Robert. But I suppose Rickey is right about it not mattering much if your map is hosted on AGOL (like mine are). I'm not familiar with the local layer widget, but maybe I will look into it.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

My dept had thoughts along the same lines, but with a lot of webapps using an arcgis online map we decided at this point we were going to drop the issue. If this starts happening more and more we will definitively go down that road. 

RichBell
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I too wish to remove myself from the ESRI dependency.

I am pointing to the API locally. Removed that dependency...

Now how do I remove the "ItemID" and NOT use the WKID 102100 in the config.json?

My WKID is 102722 (3734). Ohio state plane.

Is there some code to remove or change somewhere to NOT depend on these to ESRI items and

use my Hosted Services only?

Much help would be appreciated.

Rich

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rich,

Unfortunately not. WAB is still tied internally to AGOL/Portal in a way that you can not separate it from AGOL.

0 Kudos