Hide a point layer in web appbuilder forcing user to use filter widget to view points

Jump to solution
07-04-2019 02:27 AM
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Hi we have a point layer displaying on our web appbuilder application. At present we use the filter widget to view points that fall under certain categories. The user can still however see all the other points. Is there a way to hide the points layer from users so are they are forced to use filter widget. When they search using the filter widget the points under the filter search are then displayed only while all other points remain hidden.

Thanks

Paula

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paula,

You could use the Query Widget or eSearch widget instead they do not require the layer to be part of the web map so if it is not then you just query/search for what you want and the results layer is added to the map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paula,

You could use the Query Widget or eSearch widget instead they do not require the layer to be part of the web map so if it is not then you just query/search for what you want and the results layer is added to the map.

0 Kudos
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Hi Rob thanks for getting back to me so quickly

I tried the esearch widget you created. It seems to work fine.

Just a couple of things

Is it possible to label the result point symbols. We want to be able to label the points by sequence.

Also we want to be able to export the results of the search to a csv which only shows limited fields.

With the query search I am unable to find a way to label the result point symbology. I am able to export the results to a csv but it displays all the fields in the attribute table. I only want users to be able to view and export a limited number of these fields.

Thanks

Paula

0 Kudos
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Hi Robert

I have been messing around with the esearch widget and seem to have solved my question about the attribute table.

My only question now is regarding labeling the symbology of the points so the user can view the order of their sequence

Thanks

Paula

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paula,

I am not aware of any widget that currently supports sequential labeling of results.

0 Kudos
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Hi Robert so is there no way of labeling the symbols full stop?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I do not have any support for labeling results in my widget. You are the first person that has ever asked anything about this in the many years I have had my eSearch available, so pretty uncommon request.

0 Kudos
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Ok thanks for your help with all this Robert

Very much appreciated

0 Kudos