Geoprocessing Widget PDF output

Jump to solution
01-24-2016 02:34 PM
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all

I have a GP Service published to our dev environment. It consists of one python script that calls a bunch of other python scripts and the end result is a compiled, multi page PDF. The (unpublished) tool works perfect through python and the published tool works perfectly through ArcMap/Catalog and through the REST endpoint.

Ultimately what I want to do is use this GP Service through the Geoprocessing Widget in WAB. I've setup the tool in the dev environment, and published it to our web server. When I run the tool through the Web App I get this result (almost instantly):

http://puu.sh/mIk9t/49ecf88981.png

I've checked the server logs (debug logging enable) - attached. Its clear the process isn't running. One thing i notice is that the scratch folder is not made in the job directory. It is there when the tool is run from the REST end point.

Does anyone have any idea on why this might be happening? I am prepared to write my only GP widget, but if it can work with the default one then that is desirable

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Found the problem. The WAB Widget passes empty fields through as 'NaN' whereas the REST endpoint (and other methods) pass it through as 'Null'.

To fix it I set the default values for the not required fields as 'Null'. It is now working perfectly through WAB

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Found the problem. The WAB Widget passes empty fields through as 'NaN' whereas the REST endpoint (and other methods) pass it through as 'Null'.

To fix it I set the default values for the not required fields as 'Null'. It is now working perfectly through WAB

TedChapin
Occasional Contributor III

I looking to do something similar.  Was your tool a scrip[t tool or Python toolbox?  Is the output parameter a "devired" parameter?

0 Kudos