Free routing URL?

06-07-2019 10:54 PM
CharlieDoherty
New Contributor II

Hi,

I’m currently in the process of creating a Web app using the MyNearest widget. I want to include a routing option to direct people to their nearest facilities based on the results of the widget.

The MyNearest widget itself has the option to input a routing URL which would usually be the ArcGIS World Routing Service but this consumes credits. As the web map will be available to the public I would like to avoid using credits if possible. Is anyone aware of a free or open routing service which provides a Service which can be plugged straight into arcgis in this way without any coding? I’d be surprised if there wasn’t but I can’t find anything myself.

Thanks in advance for any replies, very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charlie, yes you can do that. This is what you are looking for:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000013619

0 Kudos
CharlieDoherty
New Contributor II

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response, what I am really looking for is an open source routing URL I could use instead of the ESRI provided service which uses credits. Is this something anyone is aware of?

A similar question was posted here but was never resolved:

https://ask.openrouteservice.org/t/routing-for-arcgis/271/4

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Charlie,

The only free one that is available is for the San Diego area for development. I don’t remember what that url is though. Routing is one of those features that just cost credits period.

0 Kudos
HARPINDERSINGH
New Contributor II

Hello,

did you find any solution to the problem ? . I am also having the same problem but without any solution.

0 Kudos
CharlieDoherty
New Contributor II

Hi, unfortunately not, a Free Routing URL for the UK would really open things up for us in terms of what we could do with web apps, but at the moment we can't justify the amount of credits we could potentially use.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you have a road network you can publish? Our county has a road network that just needs a little more cleanup then I will be testing it out as a service with a routing GP service to publish.  But yes indeed I know that is a lot of work vs using the Esri network that is ready to use, and also that exposing a saved connection to it and sharing it public could definitely use a lot of credits potentially! Although keep in mind, you can set limits per user, limit to certain IPs, etc.

0 Kudos