Find parameter of the WAB URL

Jump to solution
06-02-2016 10:11 AM
StephenDickinson
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I'm using the find parameter of the WAB URL e.g. http://<your portal url>/apps/webappviewer/index.html?find=10237549

However, I have several geocoders configured.  Is there a way of instructing the find to only use a particular geocoder to stop it trying to search all available?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephen,

There is no option to set the active source on the Search widget from the Url paramater right now. You may want to log an enhancement request for this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you talking about the search widget?

If so,

You can load or remove any geocoder you want.

0 Kudos
StephenDickinson
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have several geocoders configured for the Search widget.  Users need these as they do a variety of searches from within the WAB application.  However, when opening the WAB application I'd like to make a call to just one of these geocoders to locate the map at a certain point for the user. The find parameter of the WAB application URL seems only to accept a value to search for and it will search all of the configured geocoders for this value.  This appears quite expensive in terms of performance and also there is a chance the value passed on the URL could be found in the wrong geocoder.

I'd like to be able to specify which geocoder to perform the find on.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephen,

There is no option to set the active source on the Search widget from the Url paramater right now. You may want to log an enhancement request for this.

StephenDickinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Steve

0 Kudos