Filter widget - Values filtered by other expressions?

Jump to solution
03-30-2018 09:45 AM
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

When making a new filter within the Filter Widget and asking for values, does the List Values drop-down do anything?  I am reading the instructions as - once the user sets one filter expression, the list of values offered to the user in a subsequent filter expression will only give the users values occurring within the previous expression.  

In the following example, if I set "Station" to "Central", the list of "LastName" will only be last names that are found in the records where "Station" is "Central".

I try to do this - it filters and only shows events of Central Station, but when trying to select a last name, all of the last names in the dataset show up.  It is not limited by the first expression.  I did this with both within the same filter and different filters.

What am I missing or is this a bug?

Portal/server 10.5.1

Thanks,

--Adam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamRepsher

I put in a ticket with Esri Customer Service and they fixed me right up.

There is a bug listed for this same issue within the Query Widget.  This filtering does not work when the service is published with Pro.  I created another service with ArcGIS for Desktop and the functionality worked just fine.

--Adam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AdamRepsher

Now, still the same issue at 10.6. - using Enterprise GIS‌ / Portal for ArcGIS‌ / built-in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

I understand:

From the ArcGIS Enterprise web site:
If you want to filter based on a specific value in the field you've selected for your expression, choose Unique and select a unique value from your field. It also allows you to dynamically show the values based on the previous expressions or all other expressions regardless their orders.

My settings for an example...

List values all other expressions

...after one filter expression is applied, subsequent views into any other expression show my coded values, but does not limit the values based on all other expressions.  

For Example:

Example Filter

With the other expressions defined and applied, this ReportNo list should only contain two records.

I'd like to know what I am doing wrong.  If no one can answer that...

Has anyone gotten this to work at all?

Thanks,
--Adam
0 Kudos
AdamRepsher

I put in a ticket with Esri Customer Service and they fixed me right up.

There is a bug listed for this same issue within the Query Widget.  This filtering does not work when the service is published with Pro.  I created another service with ArcGIS for Desktop and the functionality worked just fine.

--Adam

0 Kudos
JonathanMori1
New Contributor III

Hi Adam, we even tried sharing it with ArcGIS Desktop and still having the issue, did you do anything specific when you shared it with Desktop?

0 Kudos
MarkJones7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Adam,

Did you ever get a solution for this (other than the publish service using desktop rather than pro)? I am stuck with the exact same issue. Enterprise Portal 10.6.1,

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher

Hi Mark,

Did you ever get a solution for this (other than the publish service using desktop rather than pro)? I am stuck with the exact same issue. Enterprise Portal 10.6.1,

They decided not to fix the issue in 10.6 or 10.6.1.  Esri noted that it was "not reproducible in portal 10.5.1, 10.7 or 10.7.1".

I believe the only way to fix it for yourself is to update software.

--Adam

0 Kudos
MarkJones7
Occasional Contributor

classic. =]

Thanks for letting me know.

0 Kudos
BenWalker1
New Contributor III

Hi Adam,

Do you have the bug number?

0 Kudos