Extend Enhanced Search Widget

Jump to solution
04-13-2016 03:13 PM
soniamonga
New Contributor II

Robert,  I have task where I need to select a predefined value from a drop down, and based on that value it queries the underlying layers. Your widget works great if I have to query a single layer. Can anyone of you suggest a sample or a widget that I could use?

Thanks

Sonia

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sonia,

The issue is that the "this.info.innerHTML = resultItems.join("");" is inside a function that has a different scope then you want, so "this" does not know what "info" is.

You need to use lang.hitch

featureLayer1.selectFeatures(query1, FeatureLayer.SELECTION_ADD, lang.hitch(this, function(features) {

View solution in original post

20 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sonia,

Sounds like you want the identify widget then.

0 Kudos
soniamonga
New Contributor II

Robert, sorry I should have elaborated my question. So the scenario is to select a unique value from a layer first. Based on the value selected from the second drop down it would populate the results tab with the underlying layers. The task is a combination of By Value & By Shape. I am not sure what would be the best method to approach this task.

Appreciate your help on this!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sonia,

So you are wanting to search by a value (which means that you are searching based on the value of a field) and then click on the map (by shape) and have it search all layers in the map (meaning that all the layers in the map would have that exact field to be searched by)?... This is not something that has been developed. The eSearch uses the JS API's QueryTask which is for a single layer of a map service. The FindTask can search multiple layers but not by geometry only by attribute. So what you are asking for is more like an IdentifyTask but you want to limit results by attribute. Like I said this has not been developed and I have never had the need to look into this so I don't have any code for it.

soniamonga
New Contributor II

Robert, I wrote some code that does gives me the desired output (county and City fields) However I cannot get the results to show up in a results tab. I am using the showresults function but it doesn't seem to work. Could you please take a look and see what I am doing wrong? I have attached the zip file for your reference.  Would really appreciate your help on this....

showresults: function (results) {

var resultItems = [];

var resultCount = features.length;

for (var i = 0; i < resultCount; i++) {

var featureAttributes = features.attributes;

for (var attr in featureAttributes) {

"<b>" + attr + ":</b>  " + featureAttributes[attr] + "<br>");

"<br>");

this.info.innerHTML = resultItems.join("");

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sonia,

The returned var for your function is "results" yet you never use it in your code you start using "features" but there is nothing in your code to define what features is.

0 Kudos
soniamonga
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert! Getting closer..I do see the featureattributes part working, but I don't see anything being pushed out. The console shows that this.info is undefined even though I have it in widget.html

Please advise...
var field1 = this.uniqueValuesSelect.get('value');
var queryField1 = this.mySelect.get('value');
var query1 = new Query();

query1.where = queryField1 +"='" + field1 + "'";
query1.returnGeometry = true;
query1.outFields = "SORT_TEXT","City", "County"];

featureLayer1.selectFeatures(query1, FeatureLayer.SELECTION_ADD, function(features) {
featureLayer1.setSelectionSymbol(lineSymbol);
var resultItems = [];
var resultCount = features.length;
for (var i = 0; i < resultCount; i++) {
featureAttributes = features.attributes;
(var attr in featureAttributes) {
resultItems.push("

" + attr + ":

" + featureAttributes[attr] + "
");
}
resultItems.push("
");

}

this.info.innerHTML = resultItems.join("");

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sonia,

The issue is that the "this.info.innerHTML = resultItems.join("");" is inside a function that has a different scope then you want, so "this" does not know what "info" is.

You need to use lang.hitch

featureLayer1.selectFeatures(query1, FeatureLayer.SELECTION_ADD, lang.hitch(this, function(features) {

soniamonga
New Contributor II

That works....Thanks so much Robert!

0 Kudos
soniamonga
New Contributor II

Robert,

I am having a couple of issues with the code. I am trying to specify the outFields: ["OBJECTID, SORT_TEXT, COUNTY, CITY"] but it doesn't work. It works if I put ["*"]

The other issue is it's caching the featurelayer, and not removing the selected features if I use the Reset function. I tried using the

disableClientCaching : true. Any ideas on this?

0 Kudos