eSearch automatically appears in Choose Widget dialog

Jump to solution
06-17-2015 07:26 PM
AndrewTerwiel
Occasional Contributor II

When its folder is copied to client\stemapp\widgets the eSearch widget automatically appears in the Choose Widget widget pool dialog without having to add a reference in list.json or config.json. How does that happen? And why don't other widgets behave like that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Andrew,

From what I remember the previous versions all listened for folder changes. You may need to start the node.js startup.bat file again to see some changes. There may be something helpful in this post How to "refresh" a widget's code while editing it

-Stan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
StanMcShinsky

Andrew,

The node.js that you are running in the background for web appbuilder is a listener that listens for changes in a folder.

What widgets are you having problems with?

-Stan

0 Kudos
AndrewTerwiel
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Stan,

I think that I was having problems with one of my widgets because I had an older version of WAB that didn't have a node.js that listened for folder changes. Does that make sense to you? Did the previous WAB not listen for folder changes?

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

Andrew,

From what I remember the previous versions all listened for folder changes. You may need to start the node.js startup.bat file again to see some changes. There may be something helpful in this post How to "refresh" a widget's code while editing it

-Stan

JunshanLiu

The previous WAB version has bug when watching the widgets folder's change. And, the list.json under widgets folder is for WAB that is embedded in portal.