Error with Print tool web appbuilder

05-09-2019 10:58 AM
BeatrizGonzález_González
New Contributor

Hi! I'm new with ArcGIS and I'm pretty lost with all about this world. I have been doing a data base on arcmap which it has been published on my arcgis server. Then I created a web appbuilder where I published my map with various widgets but print widget don't work. It says "error, try again" and a note: error executing tool. export web map task job id: j2a26ecf3d5b44a49b0a9c622e33a7328: layer "proyecto": Unable to connect to map server at https://localhost:6443/arcgis/rest/services/PROYECTO/PROYECTO/MapServer 

Failed to execute (Export Web Map)

Failed to execute (Export Web Map Task)

I don't have a web adaptor but I don't know if it is the problem (I'm waiting for the licence). Also, I'm wondering who I have to do when I want to show someone the map if we are not in the machine where the server is installed. Because when I want to open the map at home the layers can't be open because it's unable to connect to te server either.

As you can see I don't have any clue about all of this things (I don't have any formation in this kind of thing and I'm learning along the way).

Thanks in advance,

B

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

B,

You should never use localhost in a url as that will always point the that particular machines IIS. You need to use the Public url to your arcgis server. Normally the web adaptor can be used to to redirect the url to your ArcGIS Server services if your ArcGIS Server and your web server are not on the same machine. Not sure about to comment on waiting for a licence for the web adaptor. If you have a license for ArcGIS Server then you have a license for a web adaptor.

0 Kudos