Error Transitioning from WAB 1.2 to 1.3

Jump to solution
12-29-2015 08:00 AM
deleted-user-dbQhBq-o3nyM
Occasional Contributor

I was using WAB 1.2 and deployed an application located here: https://maps.carbon.utah.gov/CarbonCountyMobileMap/ with it. Then 1.3 came out. I downloaded it and started it. It gave me an error, so then I thought I had to register the application on ArcGIS online again. I did, but still get the error. Below is a screenshot of the error I've been getting:

Error.JPG

I'm not sure why this is. Did anyone else have problems making the transition? Is there a specific set of instructions on how to transition from 1.2 to 1.3?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

Here is the documentation on updating apps. Try these steps, and if the problem persists let me know.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

Here is the documentation on updating apps. Try these steps, and if the problem persists let me know.

Occasional Contributor

Matthew,

According to the instructions, I am to open the command prompt in the folder of the newest version then type the 'node upgrade' as well as refer back to the old version, but every time I do it tells me 'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

0 Kudos
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

Jordan

Just had this happen you do not have node.js installed on the machine that you are trying to run the WAB on.  I just received a new machine and I had to install it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jordan,

Those instructions assume that you have followed the Getting Started > Install steps (Specifically the install of NodeJS which many people do not do as WAB Dev has a version that come with it).

Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

You can use the internal provided Node version by specifying the 64 bit or 32 bit Node exe in your [install dir]/server/node_x86.exe or node_x64.exe

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jordan,

Have you tried the steps in the FAQ?

What should I do when I try to set the App ID and encounter an Invalid redirect_uri error?

FAQs—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

Occasional Contributor

I have not. I tried searching for that sort of thing, but could not find it. Thanks

0 Kudos
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

Jordan

I have seen this you need to make sure that your appid is correct in the  signininfo.json file in the server directory of the web appbuilder.  Update this and it should work correctly.  Also you want to make sure that your computer name or IP has not changed on the development machine you are using.

[

{

"portalUrl": "https://magic.maps.arcgis.com",

"appId": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",

"supportsOAuth": true,

"isWebTier": false

}

]

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Mark, I've checked the signininfo.json file and it has the correct appid. Everything looks good there.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

My best guess is that there are 2 signininfo.json files with the same AppID and URLs and ArcGIS Online is confused on what its getting itself registered to.

Can you go into the folder of 1.2, Server -> Signininfo.json file and change the AppID in there to "xxxxxxx" and save it and reopen the 1.3 application again?

0 Kudos