error parsing server result

Jump to solution
10-02-2015 08:49 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Scenario: 2 developers with Web AppBuilder 1.2 installed on each local C:\ for developing WAB apps and deploying to Organization ArcGIS Online. 

1. Developer #1 has WAB app up and running in production.

2. Emergency change requested while Dev #1 is out of office.

3. Developer #2 is asked to make the requested updates.

So, Developer #2 locates the .zip containing the deployed WAB app and copies to local C:\ where the WAB Builder 1.2 is installed.  A session is started ("Startup.bat") and an attempt to Import the .zip project fails with "Error parsing server result".

Any ideas on what's wrong?  What to look for?  What to do?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatissValdmanis1
New Contributor III

I had the same problem: getting a WAB .zip file from one computer to another each with WAB 1.2 Developer's Ed.

It happened to me after importing one WAB .zip file, then when I tried to import a second one I got the "Error Parsing Server Result". I tried re-importing several times with re-downloaded WAB .zip files, with the same error.

My solution was a case of "turn it off and on again":

Sign-out of WAB and close the tab, exit node.js (I just closed my node.js command prompt window), go to your WAB /server directory and delete your signininfo.json file, (I restarted my computer at this point but I don't think that's necessary), on ArcGIS Online re-register your WAB API key, start WAB using the startup.bat file, and then try re-importing the WAB .zip file.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatissValdmanis1
New Contributor III

I had the same problem: getting a WAB .zip file from one computer to another each with WAB 1.2 Developer's Ed.

It happened to me after importing one WAB .zip file, then when I tried to import a second one I got the "Error Parsing Server Result". I tried re-importing several times with re-downloaded WAB .zip files, with the same error.

My solution was a case of "turn it off and on again":

Sign-out of WAB and close the tab, exit node.js (I just closed my node.js command prompt window), go to your WAB /server directory and delete your signininfo.json file, (I restarted my computer at this point but I don't think that's necessary), on ArcGIS Online re-register your WAB API key, start WAB using the startup.bat file, and then try re-importing the WAB .zip file.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your input!

This actually started a larger conversation within our organization and we'll be looking to come up with a valid approach to efficient shared development.  I'm not sure if things like centralized code repositories, versioning, deployment processes for dev, test and prod were fully thought about for WAB development (perhaps I'm mistaken but I haven't found much info).

I marked your reply as the correct answer as it seems to be the solution!  But we still need to answer the larger issue of sharing and deploying multiple WAB implementations between developers.

Thanks again!

PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III

I ran into an error where I was trying to import WAB built online that were at version 2.0, but I was using version 1.3 of developer edition.  The log errors seemed to indicate that import failed due to trying to use a newer version in an older version.

Not sure if that helps.

0 Kudos