Edit Widget - True/False attributes from none-SDE SQL database

01-05-2017 07:53 AM
GertConradie
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

When publishing a Feature Service that enable editing of True/False (bit) attributes on SQL Server records in a SDE database, one can configure Coded Value Domain that can be used as a dropdown for selection (i.e. yes/no, instead of a checkbox).

What to do if I have a none-SDE SQL database? (Text boxes for numbers is being displayed by default for the bit type, that is converted to a Short Integer by the ArcGIS Service/MXD)

I'm at a point where I'm considering creating a custom version of the Edit Widget that I can configure, but hopefully there is a different option.

Using WAB Developer edition.

Any ideas will be much appreciated!

G

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gert,

Hmm. if you are using a FeatureServer service then isn't a versioned geodatabase required?

0 Kudos
GertConradie
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert

No, I'm pretty sure it is not required - in fact we use it to update entities in a none SDE database already. It don't think there is a license problem as well, because one of the ESRI workflows is:

"You want to publish a feature service to ArcGIS Server using data from a single on-premises database or enterprise geodatabase."

0 Kudos
GertConradie
Occasional Contributor

What I can add based on past experience - when using SQL server and you have a strict relationships for lookup tables, then the identity insert must be (0,1) on the lookup tables, not the default (1,1). This is a pain to manage - especially if your lookup is also transactional records that can be deleted (The very first transaction record with ID 0 can then be deleted, then your feature service inserts start to fail)  In a previous project we only 'read' the feature service and then saved back via a custom WebAPI service, not the default 'ApplyEdits' on the feature service. (using custom widgets, not the default edit widget) 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gert,

I primarily use geodatabases so I don't know what to tell you.

0 Kudos