Echo into the void

10-29-2021 09:26 AM
SCVTAGIS
New Contributor II

This forum is a great place to toss in thoughts that will never see the light of day again.

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

On the contrary, you'll see that many people have viewed your past posts. It may simply be that no one who has read it (myself included) has the relevant know-how to give a definitive answer. I only use WAB once in a blue moon, and only for a very specific task, so I haven't had any meaningful response to your earlier posts.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

This time of year if you really need help, you have to give your postings zingier subject lines to attract help from other Esri customers. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the next crop of interns to come online next May.

AnneleneKammer-Tischendorf
New Contributor

I gave you a Kudo to try and brighten your day! The Esri Community are great at helping and solving Problems.

Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

AH! Well we are the Esri Community so I can't say bad things about US. 🙂

Esri involvement here is (in my experience) piecemeal, if you really need help quickly this is the wrong place to go, you should open a ticket. 

The endless problem with communities like this one is that if your problem is complicated and not shared by many others it won't get attention. When I see a problem if I don't have a quick answer I usually move on. When I reach wit's end myself, I try posting here but my expectations are low.

I do have to say I think the whole "mark a solution" thing is stupid -- 1/2 the marked "solutions" are "it can't be done" or "Esri has no answer." They need some other way of closing out a question. The bot sends you reminders to choose a response as a "solution" even when there is no solution posted.

I'm writing this while I wait for a spatialdataframe to load. Heh. Wow, it's slow. I'll stop (writing this) now. 🙂 WHEEE it finished. 19 minutes to load 18,711 rows, what's wrong there? No, not expecting an answer. Cheers now back to work. I wonder if there is some SQL madness that needs to be done to fix it.

My personal goal is to be able to answer more q's in the community (in a way that's useful!), especially in the winter when the interns aren't here.